SITE REVIEW: Bad Web Hosts

• thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I just completed http://www.badwebhosts.com and am looking for any and all comments and suggestions.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good. i really like the layout. the only thing i can see that need fixing is the logo. it would look better if it was clearer. :)
  • PyroCreep

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thecodman it looks great,

I would have to agree with Rajā€¦The logo does need a little work. As for everything else it looks fine.

Good work!
:thumbsup:
  • Moni-Q
  • Moni-Q

Post 3+ Months Ago

Generally speaking your website is very clean and light which is a good thing.

However the total lack of graphics, except for your logo does make the site look kind of bland. I suggest you use some photos to make the site a little more attractive.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't like the layout so much but i must say that i love the idea...great one.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

The font on the home page doesn't really fit in with the site. I think that it looks a lot more amatuerish than the rest of the site.

Other than that, I think it needs a bit of beefin' up. Perhaps some graphics & other minor details to make the site more "homey."

Also, you need content! I submitted a bad host under the username of TruceTech to help out. I don't see why you must become a user to submit a site though.

If you need someone to help out with the frontend design work I would be glad to help!
  • andyy15
  • andyy15

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is very plain :-( Check your good host and bad host links. They do not stay gray when your are in that category. The others stay gray when you are in the category. Also center your site and make your main table fiixed width. I would get rid of the phpbb logo on your forum and CHANGE YOUR LOGO Very Very plain.
  • jayhawk1746
  • jayhawk1746

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont like the logo. i think some tables or frames would be better for the overall look and feel of the site. only has one bad host but im sure that list will grow.
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site design is simple, but it works.

My recommendation is to make sure to NEVER actually link to any of the bad hosts. If you don't want people using them, then make sure not to help them at all with a link that points back to their site.

Just an idea..

Very unique site and idea though. Nice job.
  • Cobnobl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like that its a very simple layout but i dont really like the differnt text color
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

It doesn't look to me like you put too much effort into the index page, with 6 different coloured text sections and links in the one area it doesn't look right. My advice is to choose a scheme and stick with it.

The logo needs some work - it looks distorted. If you want me to make you up a new one, just let me know.

I would also advise against centering all the text - the headings are find centred, however I would make the context aligned left about 50 <p style="margin-left: 50">

The grey font in the forum is a little hard to read - it could do with being made darker, maybe #333333 ?

Having said all that - I LOVE the idea of your website and forum - and I wish you all the best with it!!
  • ajatwood
  • ajatwood
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the other reply's here

Your Logo needs help , its ok to be plain but the graphic needs to be clear and not dithered and pixeled.

Also since you have a slogan/tagline under your nav bar consider incorporating your welcome message into our goal message, everyone want's to sell your site but to many catch slogan are just over kill

and as the other post read, uniforming the font color are a must

I do love your concept though.

Good luck Aj
  • Maedhros
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durham, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

A way of getting back to the site from the forums would be good, as well as having the same logo on those as the rest of the site.

Otherwise, I like the idea, although I agree that it's a bit plain.
  • shadow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks fine for what it is for ,however it is very slow to load! And that seems strange for a site that reviews webhosting!
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

BadWebhosts=badwebsite.. nothing really to review on your site really bland and boring....
  • o[tter]
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Seattle, WA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a bit confusing. When I click the "Bad Hosts" link at the top, I get an empty page. When I click the "Bad Hosts" link at the bottom, I get a list of hosts, but some of them have good descriptions??
Quote:
...There reseller accounts are amazing. The support is awesome. They have bent over backwards for me. They have great reviews. Definately use these guys....

The same is true of the good hosts, but I'm getting all sorts of php errors instead of a list.

I also agree with everyone else. Your logo needs work and the homepage needs to look way more professional.

Also, the search should be more prominent. If I were to visit your site, it would to search if a host was listed before I signed up with them. I see that as the main feature. A straight list of bad hosts doesn't do me a lot of good.
  • brandnewdrew
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, i say this for your own good:
your site is ugly and hard on the eyes.

I'm not a mean person, so dont assume that i get off on offending people. It's just that your site is ugly. First off, why havent you changed the logo yet? EVERYONE has said that and theyre right. Second, what IS up with all the colors. Choose one. Thirdly, you are making the mistake that having big text will attract the viewer's attention. Wrong, it's way too big, make it smaller so that it can be more readable. It's way too big and all over the place, my eyes have to scan from one side of the page to the other and for only 1/4 of a sentence. It's too much work. Lastly, it's true: use tables for your layout, your text is EveRywhere.

cool, if you can handle that critism, you'll be in a much better place

ciao

-drew

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers