• Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• HN Will
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • HN Will

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.balitravelplanner.com/hotels ... /index.php

from this page I can't follow many of the links - not sure if you're still workn' on that.

Also, some of the pretty pictures on top of all your pages look like they are at resorts....you should include a link.

Also, (and this is small), you might want to create hover-over effects for some more of your links.

cheers,
~HN Will
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok lets see here. This seems to be pretty well laid out and I don't have any problem finding the Info I need.

Aesthetically there are several things I would change.

1. The blue borders around the images in the header neither compliment the images or make the feel integrated into the header. If you feel that the images need a border I would pick white or a light gray.

2. I'm not a huge fan of flowing text around an image with CSS/DHTML especially if it is contained in a small column like you have on the far left since you will get rivers (the big blank spaces) across all of your text. This adds a second problem if the text is dynamic since you could end up with one short word hanging one line under the image at the end of a text block. I'd say the best thing for a layout like this is to simply keep the text in a column of its own beside the images.

3. You need some padding between the package name and the image/text block below it. On my machine (both Safari and FireFox for Mac OSX) the title appears to be sitting ON the top of the image frame. This makes them extremely hard to read.

4. The Purple color background you used is very similar in tonal value to the orange of the links, this makes the links almost impossible to read when the mouse is over them.

5. From a consistency standpoint I think it might be wise to reserve the orange for objects that can be clicked on. This will help users navigate your site much more easily.

6. On all the pages you could stand to expand the vertical spacing between all the objects. This will lend legibility and make it seem like there is a little less overwhelming information in each section.

7. Finally it looks like a small chunk of black is missing from the top of the header right behind the "R" at the end of Planner

Hope that helps.
  • keef
  • keef
  • Loc: cambridge uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked this site, clean and easy on the eye. I wish I could do this !! The images loaded fast although I would have liked soem learger ones and some more of the areas around the resorts.

You could also add some climate/temperature facts for those of us who do not know the area. All the links worked well and the photos loaded quickly.
  • krisna
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: bali

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:39 pm Post subject:
http://www.balitravelplanner.com/hotels ... /index.php

from this page I can't follow many of the links - not sure if you're still workn' on that.

I already fix it and that's my error code problem.

And for graphixboy, thank you so much for your suggestion :)
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would prefer Black Background. The offers seem reasonable.On the whole well aligned site. Nice work ! :)
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic has been unlocked. Please resume your reviews.
  • hostingspeeds
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hostingspeeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now that looks very good. It has tons of pages loaded with information. Only thing I would have added if it was my site, was an online booking form on each page. I really miss that!

hs

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers