SITE REVIEW: Bamboo Fabric Store

• absolutes
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site has been up for a while, but I've been hesitant to have it reviewed because so much of it came out of a box. I would appriciate your insights, though, so go to it:

http://www.bamboofabricstore.com
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website layout is nice, compared to a few I have seen.

The colours match.

One problem I can see straight away is that the links are the same colour as the text. That isn't so good because some people won't know what to click :lol:. I notice that when I roll my mouse over the links, they change colour, though. If I was you, I'd still change the colour of the links :wink:.

Snoop1000
  • PatentBoy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PatentBoy
  • Loc: Manchester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Snoop is on the right lines. The navigation bar could do with a little work.

I would suggest some nice green buttons. I'm sure there are website for generating such images.

If you need the code & buttons let me know.
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

PatentBoy wrote:
I would suggest some nice green buttons.

Yes, the green that is on the bamboos. Light green.
  • chiara
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • chiara
  • Loc: Santa Clara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi absolutes

Your site looks quite nice with this top header, and the warm background. I think though you need to put a bit more efforts in styling your texts..apart from the top navigation color, the text used accross the pages from the top menu is not styled at all and looks quite ugly.

On the pages from the left menu you use another text style..your header image uses yet another font. I think you should decide on one text style and make the text consistent everywhere.

The survey link gives an error with me

Maybe you could visually isolate the google ads in some kind of a spot especially meant for ads, right now you have banners here and there, the google ads appear just next to your content, etc.

Hope this helped, good luck with your site!

Chi
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

chiara wrote:
The survey link gives an error with me

It gives me an error, too. The error message is "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/mountain/public_html/bamboofabricstore/survey.php on line 42". I think you might need to sort your PHP a little.

Snoop1000
  • absolutes
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, hey thanks for digging me up, it was ages ago I put this up, I'd forgotten! Thanks so much for the feedback so far, lol, I know, the text _is_ ugly, isn't it! I was wondering why no one was responding to the survey, too. Keep it coming, I appriciate it.
  • nativejam
  • nativejam

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with what everybody else has said, but i think maybe on the samples page or somewhere, show a picture of the actual bamboo fabric and maybe a picture of what the texture of the fabric is like...... for example a picture of the fabric and then next to it an illustration of how rough/fine the weaving is.
  • halomovie
  • halomovie

Post 3+ Months Ago

its nice

its clean, slick, and simple

good color choices and the design is a good mix and match of content and images :)
  • dh
  • dh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it however you should make the MAIN graphic less long as you have alot of wasted space on the opening page.
  • Nenest
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Concord, MA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the color you choose - feels soft and worm, very close to your topic.

But the title is too big.
  • alrofaee
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • alrofaee

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is very nice design; however, I don't like the zen card since it is too complicated script. I think that os-commerce would be better.
  • soundboy

Post 3+ Months Ago

it has a nice warm feel to the theme
the green fits in well
  • marcnorth
  • Born
  • Born
  • marcnorth

Post 3+ Months Ago

My eye wants to see some color contrasts... I also think the main page maybe spends too much time explaining the benefits and not enough "getting to the goods", if you know what I mean. Impact in first 5-seconds could be improved, but overall not that bad.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers