SITE REVIEW: Before-Reality Designs

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone, like you to please have a look at my "business" website:

http://before-reality.net/

Let me know if you catch any spelling errors, as I have only checked the about page so far.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good coding you've got going on! That green is nasty though in my opinion. :) But if you like it, keep it.
  • sazn
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

just thought i point it out that when viewing your site in mozilla firefox some of your text overlaps with one of your green separater bars.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any chance you could get me a screen shot, or tell me what page it's on?

Also, do you have text zoom set to something greater then 100%?
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah i got the same problem with the text going over the spacer -

My text is to 100% although if i decrease it it fits in perfectly.

i like the colors and also like your logo as its nice and simple.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hrmm for some reason the font size is bigger on yours then it is on mine. I'll just stretch out those divs when I get a chance. Thanks for the screeny :)
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the theme, it's very 80s but cool. You heard my opinion on this before...
  • Kaitou Dark

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am kind of confused by the purpose of this site of yours. I'm not sure if it's a jewelry store or a webdesigning company.

It is very good, but the color scheme is....not to be offensive, but it looks a little disgusting.

Your site does look like it will succeed though, just try and fill it up a little as fast as you can.
  • Bladesling
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bladesling
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was gonna reply without reading everyones comments first but i couldnt help to see what they said about the green... don't know why but its just not right.. try blue :) i don't know.. i like blue.. not pure blue i like a greyish blue or a bright blue...
the downloads should be on a seperate page
the news letter signup needs to be in a table so it looks nice
Name:-|____
E-mail:----|____
not like above.. straight
other then that.. :) its great.. 7/10 :)
  • Spin-Zero
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Spin-Zero
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL! I did the same thing as Blades....decided to go ahead and read everone elses comments before I posted.

Sorry mate, but the yellowish-green look is hideous. I couldn't get past it! I also don't care for the font. However, these are just personal preferences and have nothing to do with the actual content of your site.

I would also have someone proof-read your text. I'm your quintessential grammatical idiot, but I did notice that the sentence structure in a few places could be improved a bit.

On the plus-side, there are not alot of 'heavy' graphics to slow down your pages, and the overall layout wasn't bad either.
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Birmingham England

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, i hate the colors. The lime green with the grey is just shocking! Red or blue with grey looks cool but lime green...?

Anyway, it's up to you.

Over all, i like the layout but found that it wasn't that obvious what i was viewing... jewelery.... it didnt hit me right away!

Good effort though, think about changing the colors.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys, but the green is staying.

Reason: Everyone is so adept to seeing blue websites that green doesn't sit right, well if one person even tries to use the theme, then it makes a difference. Sorry just anti-confomitory feelings.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol i dont actually mind the green and the grey, i would go a darker grey and use a sans serif font arial/verdana and reverse the text (white) then that would look much better imo ;-) got some nice elements though.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah just looking again the text is ugly, a sans serif would be best, but i do also see that you are linking it with the style of your logo...hmmm
  • Vaclav
  • Born
  • Born
  • Vaclav

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem with the green is not that it does not sit right. the problem is that the eye get soon tired from this type of contrast. In other words, it decreases the accesibility of your website. Since you are in webdesign, I am afraid that this your prospective customers may be repelled, rather than excited by your non-conformity.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hrmm I may try something a bit with the background color and changing it from white to lessen the contrast.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok I changed the background color from ffffff to 404040 which is the same grey that is in the header.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers