SITE REVIEW: Best Technology Website

• BestTechnology

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was wondering if you could review my website I have been working on for about 9 months. I am getting good at programming. I would like some reviews that I can help my website get better.

Try and name some topics I need help with because I seem to be tweaking everything all the time.

Website is http://www.besttechnology.org
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• itrevino
  • itrevino

Post 3+ Months Ago

The advertisements are oddly shaped and offset your content. The longer ad in the side panel has a list dot off to left side of it which makes it look even odder.

The like button looks randomly placed - what am I "liking" exactly? The page in general? The article it's under? The tech forum listings?

I'm not even sure what purpose a "today's date" text holds. Don't most OS has this functionality?

What's the purpose of disabling right clicks? While on the subject of "what's the purpose ofs" - what's the purpose of having an image preview of the forum? What's the point of having two different titles for articles? I click on an article that I thought was titled "Running on gas ha! Why would I?" but instead I'm taken to an article called "The Tesla Four Door Sedan" - which is also called "Tesla Four Door Sedan" in the title. So I guess technically that would be three(?) different titles for one article? What's the purpose of the + symbol at the bottom of the page. I keep wanting to click on it, but it, like most of the other "what's the purpose of this" stuff, does nothing.

Main page right click is disabled, but on inner pages it's not. What's going on on the front page that you don't want people right clicking? And for that matter, why do you have a W3 icon just kind of randomly sitting at the bottom of the screen? I thought it was going to take me to a "this is proper html bla-bla certification page" but nope, just takes me to W3.org for some reason.

Search box doesn't accept "enter" as a command - it just sits there. After physically clicking on the mag-glass icon it completed the search. I searched for "android" - it just brought me back to the main page. I searched for "test", and it just brought me back to the main page. Is the search functional?

Your stories in the top section of the page (the graphic "links") act like links, but don't do anything when you click them. Oh, I see - the bottom of the image actually does something, even though the entire image acts like it is clickable. Should probably fix that...

Your terms of use page has divs that seems to not want to align properly. (Good example would be "Member email" and "Member conduct")

Apart from the above mentioned things, I really like the potential that this whole design has. But, given that the above complaints gave me so much initial frustration, it kind of drags the whole experience down.
  • BestTechnology

Post 3+ Months Ago

itrevino wrote:
The advertisements are oddly shaped and offset your content. The longer ad in the side panel has a list dot off to left side of it which makes it look even odder.

The like button looks randomly placed - what am I "liking" exactly? The page in general? The article it's under? The tech forum listings?

I'm not even sure what purpose a "today's date" text holds. Don't most OS has this functionality?

What's the purpose of disabling right clicks? While on the subject of "what's the purpose ofs" - what's the purpose of having an image preview of the forum? What's the point of having two different titles for articles? I click on an article that I thought was titled "Running on gas ha! Why would I?" but instead I'm taken to an article called "The Tesla Four Door Sedan" - which is also called "Tesla Four Door Sedan" in the title. So I guess technically that would be three(?) different titles for one article? What's the purpose of the + symbol at the bottom of the page. I keep wanting to click on it, but it, like most of the other "what's the purpose of this" stuff, does nothing.

Main page right click is disabled, but on inner pages it's not. What's going on on the front page that you don't want people right clicking? And for that matter, why do you have a W3 icon just kind of randomly sitting at the bottom of the screen? I thought it was going to take me to a "this is proper html bla-bla certification page" but nope, just takes me to W3.org for some reason.

Search box doesn't accept "enter" as a command - it just sits there. After physically clicking on the mag-glass icon it completed the search. I searched for "android" - it just brought me back to the main page. I searched for "test", and it just brought me back to the main page. Is the search functional?

Your stories in the top section of the page (the graphic "links") act like links, but don't do anything when you click them. Oh, I see - the bottom of the image actually does something, even though the entire image acts like it is clickable. Should probably fix that...

Your terms of use page has divs that seems to not want to align properly. (Good example would be "Member email" and "Member conduct")

Apart from the above mentioned things, I really like the potential that this whole design has. But, given that the above complaints gave me so much initial frustration, it kind of drags the whole experience down.

1st comment: I like the advertisement like that IMHO. I just used a <li> to make the dot. Why because it lines up the column without it looks weird. I put into my class group first.

I put the day on there just because I like the script date. This is all custom has no administrator panel or OS.

I like all the titles the way they are. As for the Plus at the bottom of the page. I changed that all today. Its a ZOOM FUNCTION now. You can see I added the MINUS OUT Today also. The HTML 5 Logo no longer connects to the main W3.org . I CHANGED THAT TODAY. It now just shows a title tage of HTML5 Website.

Right click is functional now.

I need help with the search function to build that in. I just link it back to index. Think you can help me???
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi!

i liked your website at the very first site because its sleek and fast even with those graphics. the ads give a unique expression to your site. i suggest including more scrolling ads because the available ones look "scarce and sparse".

please also try to include some first hand help to the user on the very first page (though the site is suggestive itself mostly..). also why don't you include a good blogging section and user feedback pages (there wasn't a feedback page there... or was?!?).

and yes, do arrange your images on the home page (atleast) because (ehm.. please don't mind) they look haphazard at some places. give them some order.

other things are mostly good i think.. the images are very good and helpful with texts on them. its a cool magazine look (if you intended the site to be like a magazine, then i say, you did a good job!).

best of luck
bye.
  • watson lee
  • watson lee

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site, the flash work is really impressive
  • octavian
  • octavian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, for start I'm being redirected to the footer while the website is loading. Scrolling up doesn't seem to help but once it's fully loaded everything seems to be ok. I'm using the latest Chrome.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 47 days ago

Hi! besttechnology I have a look at your website Just now. It is really nice and good and also it is designed at its perfection no negative points I could find in your website. Hats off for your wonderful work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers