SITE REVIEW: Best Web Hosting

• Sxperm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sxperm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please reviews my web hosting reviews blog. I would like to improve on usability and design. Thank you in advance. :mrgreen:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• choyon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • choyon

Post 3+ Months Ago

no comment..
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

choyon wrote:
no comment..

I'm not really sure what the purpose of this post it?

Seems slightly unnecessary.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
choyon wrote:
no comment..

What's up with these guys writing like 2 sentences? Are they just trying to get their 3 reviews in so they can post their own site or review? I think that is a little selfish. What's funny is most of guys doing that have some of the worst sites I've ever seen.

Anyways,first thing I noticed right away is that the spacing is a little cramped. I would put a little more space between each topic to make it look a little more professional and easier for the viewer. Also in FF there is a white line across the header. Or a break. But looking at the images seperately (3 images for header), I can't figure out why you sliced the images where you did. I think you could have pulled this off with some good CSS. Also there is no rollover on any of your navigation. I like rollover. And I think it just adds clarity for the viewer. There is a link back to the homepage on the right. I think I would have put it in the logo instead. At the very bottom of the page you can go to the previous and next pages. The navigation for this is too small or too close to the content. They need to stand out more. This is a blog page so spread the content out vertically. No one will mind. Most sites you want to have as much info above the fold, but that really doesn't apply to blogs. The footer is lacking any type of creativity or design. And the text is too close together. Last, those items on the right hand side (ie, "Catergories, Archives, etc) I don't think you need to columns for those. Stack them. Again the page is going to be tall regardless so take advantage of it. ANd one more thing, add a little bit of your own style to this. Just so it doesn't look like a typical template.

Overall, I like the design and I caught myself reading some of the articles instead of reviewing the site. I think you are off to a very good start and just need to tweak the layout a little. Good luck!
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some people are like that zaiah. Thankully myself and the rest of the moderator team are pretty quick in dealing with this usually.
  • Sxperm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sxperm

Post 3+ Months Ago

zaiah wrote:
SB wrote:
choyon wrote:
no comment..

What's up with these guys writing like 2 sentences? Are they just trying to get their 3 reviews in so they can post their own site or review? I think that is a little selfish. What's funny is most of guys doing that have some of the worst sites I've ever seen.

Anyways,first thing I noticed right away is that the spacing is a little cramped. I would put a little more space between each topic to make it look a little more professional and easier for the viewer. Also in FF there is a white line across the header. Or a break. But looking at the images seperately (3 images for header), I can't figure out why you sliced the images where you did. I think you could have pulled this off with some good CSS. Also there is no rollover on any of your navigation. I like rollover. And I think it just adds clarity for the viewer. There is a link back to the homepage on the right. I think I would have put it in the logo instead. At the very bottom of the page you can go to the previous and next pages. The navigation for this is too small or too close to the content. They need to stand out more. This is a blog page so spread the content out vertically. No one will mind. Most sites you want to have as much info above the fold, but that really doesn't apply to blogs. The footer is lacking any type of creativity or design. And the text is too close together. Last, those items on the right hand side (ie, "Catergories, Archives, etc) I don't think you need to columns for those. Stack them. Again the page is going to be tall regardless so take advantage of it. ANd one more thing, add a little bit of your own style to this. Just so it doesn't look like a typical template.

Overall, I like the design and I caught myself reading some of the articles instead of reviewing the site. I think you are off to a very good start and just need to tweak the layout a little. Good luck!

Thank you very much for your details reviewed. :D That is what I am waiting for a long long time.
  • webmindz24
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • webmindz24

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes.. Spacing problem is there in your blog. Header is good but main posts with sidebars not giving good impression.. sidebars not going to end with the posts .. it looks odd while scrolling down the page.. you can add more stuff your side bars or can show less number of posts on one page ( as you are showing 10). The Black image above every post showing date of post, print this posts and number of comments not looks too good.. you can also try white background..

or you can try to have other good wordpress themes such as myJournal Hypereal Theme and can edit them as you want..
  • surfville
  • surfville

Post 3+ Months Ago

the design is good, although i got a slight feeling of imbalance in the colors. But over all its pretty good looking for a blog. And useful content also.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like your blog - very nice layout and design. Excellent content as well. I spent quite a bit of time reading your content. It looks like you've really put a lot of hard work into your blog. Best of luck.

Chris H.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers