SITE REVIEW: bigbearrealestatetoday.com

• cslove
  • cslove

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just started production on a television real estate show for Big Bear, CA.
that will also air in San Diego and OC. This is the tie-in website, not much content yet but the interface is complete (I think) This is my first published site... Be honest, I want it to be great!

CSLOVE

http://www.bigbearrealestatetoday.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Someone needs to redo the Black and red button images on the remote. Let's see...that's about the length of the three reviews you gave, so I'll stop there for now. I would have given you a better review, but since your first three reviews were only one line, that's all you get from me for the moment.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your design is perfect for an IFRAME. I think it's begging for one, in fact. (:

A lot of your 'remote' images really need to be a jpgs. The background, at least.

There seems to be no branding here. I'm afraid I walk away from the site remembering the remote, and nothing else. If this is a tie in campaign, you should really be reenforcing the brand/image of the company it represents.

If this were my site, and my concept. I would take this work as a starting point, then completely rebuild it from scratch. A lot of people are turned off by this idea, but I find that if you let things evolve by rebuilding it multiple times, your product on the other end benefits tremendously.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

the only thing im gonna comment about is the address....

no way am i ever gonna remember it, it is worse than a subdomain name, and i can remember those lol

it is far too long, as for the site..

it doesn't look as professional as it could be. The graphics seem simple and incomplete.

i would suggest making the site centered for 1.

then make the site like a real site, no iframes and simple links make life easier.

it is a different and new concept, but if does no appeal to me.
Thats all i have to say, i am sorry if this offends you but it is only what i think

(i said i would only comment about the addy....well...i went overboard :oops: )

as for the small reviews on other sites....

i would recommend writing longer reviews, more than 1 liners, they do not show the webdesigner how to make the site better. :wink:

good luck!
  • cslove
  • cslove

Post 3+ Months Ago

The reason for the long addy is that it is the same as the tv show... so that it will be easier for the viewers of the show to remember... i am not offended, i appreciate the feedback... and as for my short reviews, it is just from a lack of knowledge... I am looking at the sites more from a laymans point of view than from a webmasters because this is the first site i've ever built and i don't have the knowledge to be much more helpful... Thanks again.

CSLOVE
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would recommend changing the layout, as i know many people on this forum h8 them, i guess it is because they are 56k killers ;)

change the layout and make it nice and simple....improve from their, thats the way i would go about doing it.

with my site http://www.inucleo.co.uk i created the tables and put stuff in em lol. works out ok and easy to navigate, ya could try that.

as for your first website...well done :D
  • nmsystem
  • Born
  • Born
  • nmsystem
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

not bad at all...

check this out: *SPAM URL REMOVED*
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the post above that the graphics are not up to par for a top web site...nice idea though with the remote. Here's a site that you can download free interfaces that will fit your style of site.
http://www.sedergraphics.com/interface_galleries.html

Alignment: You should consider centering the site in the middle of the screen you can easily do this by wrapping the exisintg code in a table and setting the align and valign properties to center.

SEO:You need backlinks and possibly a place for outgoing links...link to some related real estate resources that will assist buyers in finding Mortgages, home insurance, etc. You may also want to link to some Big Bear area resources like demographics, dining and entertainment type stuff. The domain name is OK but did you try for addresses like big-bear-real-estate the /net address is available.

good luck!
  • 7mx

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK i have a few tips ... sorry if it's not much.

- Try using less graphics as in my opinion this is bad web design, instead try designing the TV with tables and css.

- you should center the interface to the page.

- the page is kinda bland with a white background.

- like some one said before you should try in-line frames just to ad some more interactivity.

summary:

over all its a nice concept, but is lacking good design ... my main pet peeve's are the graphics, if you are gunna use graphics try to make them more sparse and try and make em' look better ... sorry but there not that great.

I give it a two out of five. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers