SITE REVIEW: BioSpherical

• thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'd like reviews on my site http://www.BioSpherical.net please!

Its taken months of work to get this project ready (including the script creation). Let me know where I can improve on the site and what parts you like.

Thanks! :)
  • topskater
  • topskater

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love this idea! its fantastic! i like how youcan buy countries and stuff. but i have to ask, why did you name it the name u did if its about counrries? lol
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Unfortunately, I've seen this idea before :( it has merit but why would people visit the site :?: Just to look a the adverts :?: I think it needs to be combined with a service. Maybe you could offer detailed information, appropriate links etc on evey country on your map. Keep the information topical ...

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • topskater
  • topskater

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, i highly agree with you there on that 1! mabee on ach country u click the info about that spicific country will pop up and they can have fun learning about all the exotic places, lmao
  • thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your comments.
Prime - you've probably seen this idea before because I posted a while back asking for reviews on my site BuyACountry.net? I sold that site so I had the money to develop this script. I decided to develop it because people were asking me how much I'd charge for a copy of the original, entirely HTML version.

Thanks for the suggesstion, I'll have to think about them and may add them to a future version of the script.

BTW -
Quote:
why would people visit the site?
Pixel advertising has become a success, and people visit those sites when all they do is host ads...
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahaaaa, wondered why it looked sooo familiar :D Its the same map.

You could build a CMS, allow the 'sponsors' to update their own details, country information, RSS feeds, links to their own domains. A simple integrated SC solution with a paypal gateway perhaps :roll:

Anyway, just thinking out loud - Hope the braindump is useful :lol:

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello,
good idea!
it is a good work, firstly i want to talk about your design,everyone talk about your content but im interested in your design, i see a text effect in your header, its succesful for me , i like it! but there are four circle in the header they looks unsweet. would you change it? secondly, your horizantal navigation menu works interesting, it is really interesting but not nice for me, its look like a mistake! generally your design looks quality but you will improve it!
good luck'!
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

thepurplecow wrote:
Quote:
why would people visit the site?
Pixel advertising has become a success, and people visit those sites when all they do is host ads...

Beyond million-dollar-homepage-kid, has anyone actually made any real money this way? Do you have any other examples?
  • thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

In pixel advertising? If so, I don't know.

Using the new concept? I made $100 in 11 days when I started a site using the script I am now selling (although back then it was only a HTML version and didn't have an admin panel etc.)
  • jigarmehtamscit
  • Born
  • Born
  • jigarmehtamscit

Post 3+ Months Ago

The fonts and line spacing are somewhat larger. I mean to say if you have real good content on the site, it will be very lengthy page and people generally dont like long long page.. with very small scrollbar. you can decrease the font size and line spacing to improve on this.

oitherwise the site design is really good.
  • STeeLRaT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: somewhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like this design. Really powerful logo and slogan. The text is good to read. You used the colors good to announce new parts.

This is worth an 8.
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I rlly love the design. Flawless in my opinion...reaelly gives some flow too it. Solid shapes and colors as well as simple animations, too. Quite pleasing to look at...good job.
  • STeeLRaT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: somewhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

gsgfx wrote:
I rlly love the design. Flawless in my opinion...reaelly gives some flow too it. Solid shapes and colors as well as simple animations, too. Quite pleasing to look at...good job.

Yeah... that was what I was trying to say but my english is not very good lololz0r :D
  • thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow! Thanks for the nice comments STeeLRaT and gsgfx. Its always nice to hear stuff like that.

Thanks again to everyone for all the reviews so far!
  • N2Graphics
  • Loc: Oklahoma, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just thought I'd mention... Your server is down. :wink:

I'll try to remember to look at it later when the server is back up and running.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers