SITE REVIEW: Birmingham Public Relations Nk. / Birmingham PR

• Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Birmingham, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review Birmingham PR and offer any criticism or suggestions about design, content, accessibility, seo (relevant to 'Birmingham', 'Advertising', 'PR', 'Public Relations', 'Branding', 'Marketing', 'Promotion', 'Communications',...etc), and entertainment (is the site more entertaining than a typical directory? ...i tried to add an interesting set of links about each featured companies' website.... and i added an interesting lil' map changer too. how could i make the site more entertaining without compromising accessibility, aesthetics...etc)

Any feedback is most appreciated.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a nice design and a good idea, i like it. however i think that it would be better if it had more entries.... but apart from that i think its a great idea.
  • Kait
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Kait

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Design and useful info, but as for me not easy serch (only A-Z), may be it is worth improving...
All the best)))
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like that you have the W3C validation links at the bottom, but you've got an error. Just one, not bad. Take a look.

I'm not sure I like the 100% width for the site. I think it would look better with some margins on the sides; I'd play around with it a bit and see how it looks. Also, perhaps some padding between the edges of the page and the content.

The letters along the side do not stand out very well. They need to be bigger and bolder.

The light green text is a bit difficult to read.

Other than that, not bad.
  • dotancohen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Haifa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Passes validation now, very good. I very much like the simple design, not unlike craigslist. Just for the design I Stumbled the site, so you should see some traffic. Good luck.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
I'm not sure I like the 100% width for the site. I think it would look better with some margins on the sides; I'd play around with it a bit and see how it looks. Also, perhaps some padding between the edges of the page and the content.

I concur ... I'm not saying it should be a fixed width, but you could at least add some padding to the sides ...

What do those little arrow things on the right hand side do ... when I hover over it, my mouse becomes a hand, but when I click on it, nothing happens ...

spork wrote:
The letters along the side do not stand out very well. They need to be bigger and bolder.

The light green text is a bit difficult to read.

I totally agree with that ...

Then isn't there a way to make the home page a bit shorter ... it's really long ...

And maybe some "back to top" links would help ...
  • XOXO
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • XOXO

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

Love that panorama header background pic. However it would have been nicer if it didn't repeat itself. You don't have any meta tags for robots or for keywords. add those meta tags.

It is better to pull out your css from your html. Use an external style sheet.
Your layout does not have a stable layout. You might want to see "layout stability" section of my portfolio at http://cssfreelancer.atspace.com.

I am going to open a new thread soon either today or tomorrow. Please review my site and give some feedback in my thread.

good luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers