SITE REVIEW: Bizarro Productions Ver 5.0

• Bobbo171
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Bobbo171

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have put up a new layout on my site....my 5th layout actually. What do you guys think of it. :D
http://www.bizarroproductions.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not too shabby!

I would add in some different colors though and possibly set the content/graphics off from the bg a little.

Great looking nav, but some rollover changes would be awesome!

The text of your page would probably look better left alligned.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good to me. I agree with the idea involving rollover images, that would be awesome.
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a nice site. I think I may have reviewed it last time you overhauled it. One thing you ought to do is indicate which of the links has a drop down menu. Maybe just have an arrow pointing down or something. The way it is now, I can't tell which has drop down, and which one takes me to another page except by trial and error. And that's no fun.
  • Taylor Hewitt
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dubya has a point. I love the flash mario games! :D I got my score of 21 on the coin one but I didn't get in the high scores... hmph I tried a couple dozen times as well lol.
  • Bobbo171
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Bobbo171

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reviews....im going to take into consideration a rollover effect
Dubya wrote:
It's a nice site. I think I may have reviewed it last time you overhauled it. One thing you ought to do is indicate which of the links has a drop down menu. Maybe just have an arrow pointing down or something. The way it is now, I can't tell which has drop down, and which one takes me to another page except by trial and error

Well if one is browsing the site, and one deicded to go to games, then clicked the link...the dropdown appears, and they wouldnt really have to know that its there before hand, becuase it drops down and breaks it into the categories when they want to view tha page....at least that was my thinking for that :)
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

- Don't center your content text on your index page

- Site displays perfectly in all tested browsers (good job!)

- Your iindex page main content should be describing what your site is about. I have no idea what it's about. Put the news/updates as a link on the left navbar but not as a main entry. Make your intro paragraph a descriptive para about your site.

- I'd suggest changing the font type on the mouseover menu on the left. The text is hard to read (the maroon one)

- Stay away from using swear words (even acronyms) on a public information site. It takes away from professionalism

- I'd make your about section the intro paragraph as the first thing people see when they enter your site, they shouldn't have to search for the meaning, they will most likely get bored and leave

- Try to avoid using things like "coming soon" on your site, it gives the impression of the site not being complete. If you expect to add more information later on then do but you don't need to let the viewers know. Same goes for sections of sites

- If you will have music on your site and the track listed on a marquee then put the full title right now it just displays as track title 6 or something like that (unless you meant to put that?)

- In the about section, activate your email link (same goes for the links page)

- I'd organize your links page a little better. It has no focal point right now. Also the W3C links don't open in a new window

- You're missing all your meta data

- Is there a better way for you to organize your links in your navbar than opening and closing the <ul>'s after every single entry?

Keep up the great work :)
  • Bobbo171
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Bobbo171

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
- Don't center your content text on your index page

- Site displays perfectly in all tested browsers (good job!)

- Your iindex page main content should be describing what your site is about. I have no idea what it's about. Put the news/updates as a link on the left navbar but not as a main entry. Make your intro paragraph a descriptive para about your site.

- I'd suggest changing the font type on the mouseover menu on the left. The text is hard to read (the maroon one)

- Stay away from using swear words (even acronyms) on a public information site. It takes away from professionalism

- I'd make your about section the intro paragraph as the first thing people see when they enter your site, they shouldn't have to search for the meaning, they will most likely get bored and leave

- Try to avoid using things like "coming soon" on your site, it gives the impression of the site not being complete. If you expect to add more information later on then do but you don't need to let the viewers know. Same goes for sections of sites

- If you will have music on your site and the track listed on a marquee then put the full title right now it just displays as track title 6 or something like that (unless you meant to put that?)

- In the about section, activate your email link (same goes for the links page)

- I'd organize your links page a little better. It has no focal point right now. Also the W3C links don't open in a new window

- You're missing all your meta data

- Is there a better way for you to organize your links in your navbar than opening and closing the <ul>'s after every single entry?

Keep up the great work :)

Wow thanks for praise and suggestions in your review im going to take a lot of this into consideration
EDIT: I can see why you won the Ozzu oscar
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

:oops:

Hope at least it helps
  • spintwo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • spintwo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't understand why in the world you have the main part of the site on the left, and a big spot on the right just..empty with a little doodly on the top of the ride portion.

The title looks a little off, most probably because that it's not acting as a title for everything. You might want to extend the header so that the left column is under the "header."

The links could use a little padding aroudn them. Right now they're pretty hard to read. While your'e at it, make the background of the links a little darker; create more contrast.

I like the little spit-spot things you have like the bizzarod productions 005 things. I think you could integrate more of that throughout your site, or other tidbits with similar motifs. Especially sticking them in other spots than just the left column/side of the site.
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bobbo171 wrote:
Thanks for the reviews....im going to take into consideration a rollover effect
Dubya wrote:
It's a nice site. I think I may have reviewed it last time you overhauled it. One thing you ought to do is indicate which of the links has a drop down menu. Maybe just have an arrow pointing down or something. The way it is now, I can't tell which has drop down, and which one takes me to another page except by trial and error

Well if one is browsing the site, and one deicded to go to games, then clicked the link...the dropdown appears, and they wouldnt really have to know that its there before hand, becuase it drops down and breaks it into the categories when they want to view tha page....at least that was my thinking for that :)

Yes, it's true that they will find out by clicking. But this can annoy or upset a user. People want to have a sense of control when they visit webpages, and they want to know what to expect.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers