SITE REVIEW: BLACKHOLE ONLINE

• blackhole8746
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay this is my very first website. It's a personal website, I designed it using Macromedia Dreamweaver 8, Macromedia Flash 8, Adobe Photoshop CS2 9, Sony Vegas 6a and Sony SoundForge 8. (Including the multimedia content). Please tell me what you think about the website itself and about the flash gallery (found in the photos page) and the animation (found in the memorial page) seperatley
I made everything from scrap :)

I am new in this forum and I appreciate everyone's consideration in advance

http://www.blackholeonline.official.ws
  • zerotext
  • zerotext

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad i like the navigation and its interesting!

Keep it up, good tha it loads fast.
  • FettesPS
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • FettesPS
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

As much as I love Dream Theatre (seen them twice now), I always cringe when a website plays music. I use my computer as my sound system so the speakers are always cranked, with or without music playing. The last thing I need is music playing on top of other music, or suprise music at 3am in the morning. I know I am not alone on this, so perhaps have the music disabled by default.... you'd make a lot of people happy.

Other than that. Good layout, and I'm happy to see if wasnt made with Frontpage :P
  • blackhole8746
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess you're right FettesPS... I use a surround sound system as my computer's speakers too... And I never thought what it would sound like if it was a complete surprise even though the music itself isn't bad...

I'll just remove the auto-play feature.

And I hate Frontpage, Microsoft replaced it with "Expressions Web Designer" in Office 2007 I was testing the Beta 2, and Microsoft's new 'Web Designing' application turned out to be even worse than the old Frontpage 2003 :D!

What do you think about the photo gallery itself? I did it from scrap, I even wrote the code for the loading bar and the buttons and all
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks okay, but as I said in another topic 5 minutes ago. The design looks old. It would have been great if you created the website using a full flash idea. Design like yours just look awsome in flash.

I like the status bar you have created for the website. It is original. Don`t really know a lot of websites using such a feature. Keep up the good work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers