SITE REVIEW: blacktaj.org

• Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Lucknow, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Everyone,

I am designing a website based on PHPNuke Evolution for a friend. The layout and much of the site is complete but I am not feeling the kind of twang I get on making a good layout. I have gone through the graphical aspect of the site many a time, but I am unable to pinpoint it's discrepancies.

I would be obliged if I could get your honest views on the following website:

http://www.blacktaj.org

It is part historical-part architectural-part artistic, I hope you get the flow.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I were you, I'd put this in the "Website Reviews" Section ... I think you'd get more help there ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The background is a little too powerful. It draws my attention more then the center content. Also you might want to make it wider. According to W3C http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp 80% of the market is runnind 1024 or above you can design to that because those still using 800 or below are used to scrolling. I would suggest making the center column larger by half and then giving it a little more padding.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The background repeats. Don't like that.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

And the background that repeats is fixed (Please note ... it repeats in FF not in IE7), which always makes me think of MySpace, which I hate ... I think the colours of the main content and the background don't go together vey well, another background could sort that out, maybe even a plain colour ...

Won't you please also add some rollovers to the left hand side menu for the dropdown links aswell ... and then disable the rollover of the page that a user is on, for example if I am on the "home" page, you could disable the "home" button and make it another colour ...

Oh no, 83 validation errors according to the w3c validator ... Click here to see them ...

On the "About the project" page there are huge gaps in between your content, and between the content and the footer ... Both in IE7 and FF ...

On the "Image gallery" page, there is a big gap on the left hand side below the "serch" function, and the two parts just to the right of that are not aligned vertically which makes it look strange ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers