SITE REVIEW: Blue Design

• cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

After a long time working on the site I have finally finished my Blue Web Design site, the second version. In my opinion it is much improved over the old version and I have sorted out most of the faults that people expressed with it.

Feel free to tell me what you think and perhaps where to improve.

Also if you notice any errors (especially on the breadlinks) then could you report them so I can fix them ASAP.

Thanks

Blue Web Design

Changed due to update of site

View comments on new site from page 3
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• phragmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice cardesign :-D
I see what you mean about the composition. Alot of people would say its too big, but they arent artistic enough. If it was any smaller it would totally ruin the composition. I like the colour scheme you use, and the site feels very easy and good to use.
  • gba_m
  • Student
  • Student
  • gba_m

Post 3+ Months Ago

the font on the logo at the top looks cool but i think that iit's unsuitable for a business site. i think that you should make them all the same sizes. it looks like blue pesign instead of blue design.

the site looks clean and loads fast.

very good color scheme

the portfolio section is excellent but i think that the thumbnails should be bigger.
  • -LynX-
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • -LynX-
  • Loc: Liverpool , UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice and clan really like it, good job, love the fourm graphics they rock
  • ClericVash
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow people on this forum really like blue

good choice blue is a good colour

put something on that big darkish banner/logo looks way to plain and a bit too big!
  • mediatitan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mediatitan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Liked everything except the blue ocean only because (at least on my computer - maybe i have the contrast turned down or something) I couldn't tell it was an ocean. Maybe if you defined the image a little more in ps or something. Awsome portfollio and projects.
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am going to work a bit more on the ocean after I have changed servers which I am doing over the next few days and then buying the domain after this. I may even look into animating the ocean.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm, personally, not a big fan of monochromatic/analogous color schemes. I think your look-n-feel could benefit from a contrasting color, just as a mouseover color if nothing else. There just doesn't seem to be any punch to it, if that makes any sense.

I'm also a huge advocate of columns. If I was looking at your site on a 17" or 19" monitor, using a display resolution of 800 x 600, or even 1024 x 768, my eye would have to travel almost the entire width of my screen and then all the way back for the next line. In my view, this makes for more work in reading your content. My experience with users is, the more they have to work at it, the less likely they are to read it.

As for the ocean graphic, on my display it didn't read as an ocean, but just a texture. I know you said this was FPO, but I wanted to add that for you to consider with your next rev.

Lastly, I would move the copyright info below the ancillary navigation at the bottom.
  • thehostplanet
  • Born
  • Born
  • thehostplanet

Post 3+ Months Ago

Color scheme is good
  • Tazel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tazel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dude, you're site is the bomb. As someone previously mentioned, the top is kinda big but it seems to fit in with the site. The logo is cool and the color scheme belnds in to itself very nicely. I really can't say anything bad about the site because it's really nice. Keep up the good work!
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I have now got the domain name but I am just waiting for the nameservers to change.
  • 007Ninchen
  • Born
  • Born
  • 007Ninchen

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the blue design, looks serious. Only one thing: maybe the background should get a very light color and not just white, don't you think?
  • lslars31
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lslars31
  • Loc: Minesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats real nice, you even preloaded the images :D
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

007Ninchen wrote:
I like the blue design, looks serious. Only one thing: maybe the background should get a very light color and not just white, don't you think?

It does #F0F5F8 :roll:

Thanks for all the comments

It has a domain now http://www.bluewebdesign.co.uk
  • Tazel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tazel

Post 3+ Months Ago

About your forums, in the main index, you should change the links in the categories. You can't see them.
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do you mean? Do you have a screenshot. I can see them fine.
  • Tazel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tazel

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tazel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tazel

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not completely invisible but it's pretty hard to see, especially when it's not circled in red and in an image. :D
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK I will try and change that. I haven't finished the forum skin as you might have guessed. I have just got the base there and I have completed some mods. The actual forum is aiming for a completion date of 1st Feb 2004
  • lslars31
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lslars31
  • Loc: Minesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would also like to comment you on your logo. It Rocks :D
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dig the Blue.... :D From the start I was satisfied with it's clean looks.... (including the lack of ANY pop ups :x ) The pages load quick and incoporate the sites blue through out the page.... Who signed up all the chatter in the forums? I thought there was a ton of talk going on in it but really was all preposted topics.. :shock:

Keep up the good work

Later
:arrow: SycomCOmp :idea:
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

The forums do have a news preposter as the Blue Universe site is a news website. It will have members but my site visitors are not able to access it yet.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice! Very clean! I like it. However, a few of my opinions.

Music, no matter how subtle, is annoying on web pages.

Minimize download speeds by changing your navbar to text links rather than images. You can keep the same exact look using CSS as you have with your png navbar files.

Very professional layout. My web design homepage is crap in comparrison to yours. I made mine two years ago and have been inspired to do a redesign after looking at yours. Don't take offense to what I've said above. Your design is top notch. Just throwing in my two cents. Very organized. Good stuff.

Last thing: I'm not sure what purpose your little bit of flash serves.

All in all, I give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5. Very professional, clear, concise, etc. Good coding.
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I just added it and it needs more work. It is better than what I had there before and hopefully I will make some other changes to it. Another reason for it is to make the site a portfolio of my work and to show I can do flash.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

cardesign wrote:
Another reason for it is to make the site a portfolio of my work and to show I can do flash.

Then it makes perfect sense! Keep up the good work.
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks

I will try and make the buttons in css as soon as I get some time.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

That'd be sweet. You'll be surprised how fast your page loads when the design is done in CSS. It's hard to make a stricly css design (I still fail in this), but it never ceases to amaze me how fast pages can load when they're slimmed down.
  • Tazel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tazel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, just to let you know, that new music thingy is in my opinion too obnoxious. It's way too loud. If it was a lot softer than I think I could enjoy it.
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

You sure it isn't your volume. I have set the volume to 40% and I need to turn my volume up to be able to hear it.
  • Tazel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tazel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, my speakers are fine. When I listen to regular music it's fine also but yours seems kinda loud.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 62 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers