SITE REVIEW: Blue Web Design

• cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've completed the total redesign for my web design site.

I've revamped the site so now its got a smaller page size, looks cleaner, and looks more professional. It is now XHTML 1.0 Transitional compatible, CSS 2 compatible and 508 accessibility compatible. To the best of my knowledge it is pretty much cross-browser compatible as well.

Give your opinions, thoughts, suggestions or if you've noticed something that isn't particularly brilliant.

Anyway,

Blue Web Design
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• skyweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • skyweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey man after looking at your site I have the following comments :

Easy to use - its a simple, clean design that looks professional.

Clear Headings - your links are easy to understand (good for potential non pc literate clients!).

Colour Scheme - Ease on the eyes and looks smooth.

Displaying information - categorized into subheadings, makes for an easy read for the client.

In summing up this is a job well done and you have obviously taken your time to develop this site.

The only thing I would consider is going into details about CSS, Flash, XML etc As if the client doesn't have an existing website or isn't web literate then to them thats just a bunch of letters.

Perhaps explain what CSS,FLASH etc can do for their site and give examples, e.g flash can be used to advertise a new product you may have just launched, it can be used for this because it draws the user in and keeps their attention better than text ads.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would incorporate the logo into the blue banner. The way it is now it looks like a site that is brought up when you have spyware on your computer and it takes you to one of those sites. Other than that the design is great. It is very easy to use and it gets the point across which is the most important aspect.

poly
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try and sort those.
  • meisam
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Richmond, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like your site alot, i see that you also use cafepress.com, i use it too, really good, awsome site
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site. Color scheme is perfect and easy to navigate. As suggested earlier, it may look better if you incorporate that blue web design logo into the blue image, or if not, decrease the width and bring it closer to the content below it. It just seems like its too far out on its own. The only other suggestion is maybe putting a footer at the bottom of the page, just to give it a clean finish. You can put your terms of use, privacy, etc... there. But all in all, great job.
  • delmea
  • Loc: West Yorkshire

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked this site, got straight to the point and anyone visiting new exactly what you were all about. The branded goods merchandise is an excellent idea. What more can I say, well done.
http://www.freesoftware4all.co.uk
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reviews. As for the footer at the bottom of the page, for some reason or another it didn't want to go there because of the layers or whatever, so I just moved it onto the sidebar.
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site! I love the layout. And the clean lines give it a very profesional feel to it. One thing I noticed is that you used javascript with you rollovers. You may not agree with me, but I have always preferred CSS rollovers. If you want to know the best way to accomplish this, I can let you know. But Otherwise, I see nothing else that requires a negative comment. Great site!
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good but some comments:

- Add some navigation at the footer of the page i.e. the main links, home, what we do etc.. Just to ease navigation. Or alternatively add a 'back to top' link.

- Make your logo link back to the home page.

- Write more descriptive page titles, search engines will love u more. E.g. on home page maybe use something like 'Web Development, Consultancy, Banner Design, Corporate Identity : Blue Web Design'. In fact I strongly suggest you do this. Try and repeat the process on all pages.

Overall looks sweet though!
  • rebellious
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rebellious

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow I thought you made up the word "dynamism" but its in the dictionary.

using such (very loosely related) words makes it look like you are talking down to your clients perhaps to be avoided

The logo also reminds me a lot of those sites that steals domain names and then uses them for typins but that may just be a personal thing.

apart from that it looks great
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

very professional. I like it. Love your work too.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

very clean style. I like it!
just curious..
how long did you take to do it? :-)
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man that's a really nice site.

User friendly

Fast loading

Scalable

Eye pleasing

Good intro paragraph

I'd consider activating links on your main page in the bulleted list under "Areas of Focus"

Your portfolio work is very good. I'd activate the links in the examples at the bottom in the bulleted list of other examples of sites you've created

Think about adding another topic to the "topic of enquiry" in the contact us section. Add "Other" in case none of those questions fall into the category of the viewer

In your navbar, I'd put "contact us" underneath "extras"

Nice wallpapers :)
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very very nice but I can give you some harsh criticism so please don’t take it personally!

bad imo:

1. Folder on the logo is not so effective and would look much better without IMO (did you not have a blue sphere? on your old site)
2. I presume for every page you will be having a deferent http://www.bluewebdesign.co.uk/images/head.gif image or it will be a waste of space.

could do:

1. Preload the header images using java???
2. Scaleable text in IE? (something I dont do enough of)

good:

1. Porfolio page is perfect I like alot.

My score: 8/10
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

very clean, easy on the eye.

I like it dude very nice!
  • thebestjams
  • Born
  • Born
  • thebestjams

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a great sight, i like the simplicity and how well the site is user friendy, I also like when you contact you all I like the thank you note with my name. Nice design.
  • 4NNie
  • 4NNie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Clean, simple, good site!
  • Rule-of-Three
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rule-of-Three

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my opinion graphigs are very good..

Luck for the business!!!!
  • Rule-of-Three
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rule-of-Three

Post 3+ Months Ago

Clean graphics tells about continous groww up of company..

I have Anark Corporation sponsor and I know what is bussinesss an your site is business.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers