SITE REVIEW: Bluecity Hosts

• jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
As a lot of you know I work as part of a company called Bluecityhosts.com, we recently began to expand. As part of the expansion we are beginning to develop a new design for our site. We have completed the front page in design for and I was wondering if you guys could offer me and my team any comments or suggestions? We appreciate all your comments and don’t worry we will take any criticism well.

Thanks a lot for taking a look.

Jack

http://www.bluecityhosts.com/new/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very cool layout, has a professional feel to it. Glancing at your present layout and the new one, the new one is well condensed and the user see's exactly what you want them to see when they log on. I'm guessing you'll be working on that menu a little more, especially the sub-menu's, the sub menu for the Hosting Plans was a wee off beat. You should also toss in some CSS and change the font color of the scroll bar to add some pizzazz, the generic windows color takes away from your theme. And the last suggestion is to fill up that big white space on top of the 30 day money back guarantee. Maybe toss in some customer comments or something to fill the void. Everything else seems tip top.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design. It is simple and appealing.

A couple things though....I think I would much rather see the navigation at the top be bigger and in rollover images which coincide with the current design. Also, the logo "Blue City"...the typeface is kind of tricky, I'd say that the B looks very close to an E and the U to a V.....

Some things you may want to consider, otherwise, a heck of a job. Well done.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

My gosh that's such a pretty design :)

I'm comparing it to your current design and you've really improved it quite a bit! way to go!!

Your current site seems to have more menu options though? Or all those menus part of the products & services features on the new layout?

I like the new logo idea, but your "u" looks alot like a "d"

I think you need to include on the main page of the new site an intro paragraph about the company like you have on the current site, include the motto in there somewhere as well

besides that, looking forward to the new design updates!
  • GamingHybrid
  • GamingHybrid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take the "Index" out of your <Title> tags, its unprofessional. Nice drop down menu but there is just a boring peice of white on the left, put something there:)

GOD BLESS

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers