SITE REVIEW: BMW Parts Wholesale

• flipperman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flipperman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.

I'd like some suggestions with a brand-new site My spouse and i created: BMW Parts Wholesale
  • phanirocks
  • Born
  • Born
  • phanirocks

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design looks very professional ..have you designed it yourself
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

phanirocks wrote:
The design looks very professional ..have you designed it yourself

No he didn't. His spouse helped him.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, first thing that i noticed is the ad right in the top part. GET RID OF IT. i thought it was just an ad site.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site just does not capture it for me, i got bored really easy with it. the site may look clean but there is no clear direction and if i can not make my way then how are others going to do the same.

i still you still need a lot more work
  • akhan360
  • akhan360

Post 3+ Months Ago

Edit: lol i didn't know this thread was from February, my bad. This forum is pretty slow-moving.

For someone dealing with BMW parts only, you think you'd know that it's Bavarian Motor Works, not British Motor Works -_-
Also the ad is intrusive to the flow of the website, and detracts from the professionalism. Really looks like a copy/paste template. Have a consistent typographical convention for your recent post titles, some are in ALL CAPS, some are lower cased, and some Alternate between Words. Otherwise, it's good, pretty clean.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

still ugly as made by someone in pre school using a very basic template and google ads so yea even with this post being months old, nothing has changed in this site.
  • aditd
  • Born
  • Born
  • aditd

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has no info from my point of view. It has terms and condition ... but no articles about ... bmw Parts.
You should add some to get useful things for a user.
  • Klaw
  • Born
  • Born
  • Klaw

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site except the ads at the top make it look like a cash parked domain. Maybe place the ads somewhere else on the page.Other than that it looks clean and professional.
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

flipperman wrote:
Hi.

I'd like some suggestions with a brand-new site My spouse and i created: BMW Parts Wholesale

It looks o.k. I feel like it needs a logo and something more fun. I almost feel like I'm reading a owners manual.
  • Silvertongue62
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing I want to say is I applaud you and your wife for trying to build your own site.

Now let's get down to the meat and potatoes.

The first thing I noticed is that I can't bring up your site each time i go to a different link. That's bad, very bad! Now i dont know if that is because of scripting errors or your hosting company.

Secondly, It doesnt have any zeal or pop. Lack in graphics and contextual layout. One thing that any site owner is looking for is one thing that makes his or her site stand out from the basic, the drab, and the plain. You also want something that makes people remember your site at the same time draws them in.

Let's start with a logo
Then, let's move on to a transitional page. ex: Top of page starts out with dark blue and fades into a lighter shade as you move down the page. Or whatever color you like. In the header of the page you should have a logo (Unique)(colorful)(eye popping).

Next you should think of some sort of graphics that captures the visitors curiosity. Make him or her want to go further.

Next you want to offer the visitor as well as the search engines content accompanied by more graphics/picts of who you are what you sell ect....

Next you can decide about your menus. Your menus should not make your page look like a link farm but part of the site design itself. If you have a significant amount of links, you should also consider using drop down menus. Makes the site look neat and tidy without the cluttered look. Also make sure your menus are easily accessible from the top of the page as well as the bottom.

Those are just a few suggestion. If you need help with the layout, message me and I will do what I can to help you get back to selling parts.

Hope this helps.
  • j1mb0jay
  • Born
  • Born
  • j1mb0jay

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website is very clean cut. But the advert seems to take up alot of space at the top of the website, and for some reason is showing a honda.
  • kbdavis07
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: West Virgina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Website looks great.

But you have too much space between the top menu and the content.

ScreenShot: http://www.diigo.com/item/image/17qct/5swg

The ScreenShot above explains what I see.

Just move up your content to fill in that space and the website would be great!!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers