SITE REVIEW: BOBgear.com

• boiselifer
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Boise of course. =)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone! Just wantd to get some across the board feedback on a new site that I did. By far the biggest yet. Have at it! =)

http://www.bobgear.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ndut2
  • Born
  • Born
  • ndut2

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi bob love your design clean and easy to navigate :) cool.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think ndnut was just trying to make a post to make his three post requirement. At a glance it looks like a nice design, but it took me more than a few minutes to figure out what you were even trying to advertise. It was the Bob health ad in the yellow block at the bottom right that finally clued me in. Personally I'm not fond of banana yellow on a website, but that's just me. At first I thought maybe it was a site devoteded to cyclying. I mean I know several triathaletes, but was having a hard time putting two and two together with the triathalon thing and the strollers. Once I figured that out it was easy from there, but I think your initial impact and what you're trying to say to your viewers is lacking something. Not quite certain what to suggest.
  • nomax5
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

great website great products, I like it although I'm on 8mb broadband and there was a little time delay loading the flash - I'm not sure people on a slower connect would wait around long enough.
  • RoDesignWeb
  • Born
  • Born
  • RoDesignWeb
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Flash header had no delay when loading on my PC. Less then 20 seconds. The design is clean and I can say I like it. Good job!
  • projectanswer.com
  • projectanswer.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very clean and crisp design. Intuitive and easy to navigate. Colors might need a bit spicing up, but other than that, it's a breeze to use. A bit slow though, but thats probably a web host issue and nothing to do with you.

boiselifer wrote:
Hey everyone! Just wantd to get some across the board feedback on a new site that I did. By far the biggest yet. Have at it! =)

http://www.bobgear.com/
  • heck0045
  • heck0045

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the rotating strollers. Of course that is just me, but I dig that immensely. You do well with the maxim: less is more, but sometimes I think that also means not enough -- when I "explored" the yak, for instance, I got the rotating yak again, but no features or much of anything else? It would be nice to have these details.

You give lots of real estate to imagery, and I think you've written something that meets end-users where you ought: in a sensory place, with little bullets of information, lots of engaging images. Provide some more information as you get deeper in the site, and it has lots of promise....I would also suggest google mapping the find - a - store bit, if you can.
  • macdan82
  • macdan82
  • Loc: Brighton, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really like the layout - nice choice of colours and the actual product seems well suited to the function of the site.

Looking forward to being given enough content to work with and produce something as well packaged as this.
Very nice!
  • Cheap5.0
  • Student
  • Student
  • Cheap5.0

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site, it compliments all the features that make those unique. I am on 1meg dsl at work and it had almost no delay in d/l of the flash. My only suggestion is on the home page, the 4 different info boxes on the bottom seem a bit cluttered and confusing. Maybe even them out or re-do it somehow?
  • boiselifer
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

GREAT Great reviews. Thanks to everyone who responded. I really appreciate the in depth comments and constructive criticism. It will only go to help improve the site even more!
  • packetsecure
  • packetsecure

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice, site i really like the flash along with your choosen design that suits the website.By the way great navigation!
  • lookzovt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lookzovt
  • Loc: Ciechocinek/Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good design. Nice flash inside HTML. Clear content, professional photos. Two words - Good Site.
  • boiselifer
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks again everyone!

does anybody have any feedback on the backend coding at all? IE-php, css, html?

Thanks!
  • chiara
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • chiara
  • Loc: Santa Clara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow - looks amazing!

Very attractive, with all information available with a single click! I liked the demos and the search!

I think there were some glitches in the accessories > 'view' popups, might want to check them out.

But overall, very impressive, good for you!

chi
  • Marturion
  • Marturion

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope this is helpful, I'll just list what i noticed and in what order on a complete first impression basis

First impressions:

1. Wow, i like that nice tree picture
1.5 Oh, and that's an interesting thought ("stay at home moms...")
2. I wonder what the site's about...
3. (me notice navigation menu) Oh, it's about selling strollers and such
4. let me see what they have to offer....

That's pretty much the process i went through on the site. The whole time, i really like the layout and enjoyed the flash. I do wonder if it takes a while to load on slower connections though...

I didn't notice until later, when i went back to the page, that there was a blurb that comes up at the end of the animation on the front page (the "it's a Bob World" blurb). I would say most people have clicked off of the front page on to another portion of the site (or away from the site) by then, so if it's important to you for them to see any it, you may want it to come up sooner somehow

Overall, I came away with a very good impression of the site, I thought it was nicely done.
  • a1sapat
  • a1sapat

Post 3+ Months Ago

I absolutely love it. It's so simple and easy to navigate.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers