SITE REVIEW: Bodytonic Music Agency

• sammahoney
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: divinemonkey.co.uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Easy All

Just finished another site, so I'd love some feedback on it. Seems to work OK in IE, Firefox, & Safari, but still working on a problem centering the bottom menu in Opera. Also having a problem viewing transparency on my laptop in IE, although it's fine in other browsers, so trying to figure that out (although the menu transparency is fine, just the other bits, so that's confusing me!).

http://www.advantagecroatia.com/test_area/Bodytonic/

Thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have some cool ideas here. The way the menu at the bottom resizes is really fun. Also, I think it's pretty innovative how you basically navigate around the same page, which slides around in the center window.

The only problem is that usually when you try something new and different navigation-wise, you tend to sacrifice usability. For example, in order to do anything on the site, you have to have your browser maximized since the scroll bars are disabled. For work-surfers like me, that can be a problem, especially with a bright-green website like this.. doesn't exactly look work-related :wink:

Also, the white is a little hard to read on that shade of green. Since the green is so light, I think dark text might work better.

I couldn't get the CSS to validate at all, I think because of all the transformation hacks in it, but you did have zero validation errors on a strict doctype, which I imagine was no small feat... nice work!
  • sammahoney
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Jameson

Thanks for the feedback. Can I ask why you had to maximise your browser to view it? I designed it at 1280x1024, but also made sure I could view all the content on my laptop, which is 800x600, without maximising.

Sam
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

sammahoney wrote:
Hi Jameson

Thanks for the feedback. Can I ask why you had to maximise your browser to view it? I designed it at 1280x1024, but also made sure I could view all the content on my laptop, which is 800x600, without maximising.

Sam

When my browser is not maximized, I only see the first part of the text that's in the center. The bottom part and the buttons at the bottom cover up the rest, and there's no scroll bar to get down to the rest of the text.

Not a huge deal.. just some of the same kind of accessibility issues that come into play with all Flash websites.
  • sammahoney
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Damn! What resolution is that at? I had to disable the scroll bars because of the way the wrapper for the sliding content works, but I thought it showed OK on all resolutions...

Any chance of a screenshot? Or is that a bit cheeky to ask?
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not cheeky at all :)

I'm at 1280x1024, but what I'm saying is that, when you have your browser at less than full screen size, this is what it looks like:

http://murano.websitewelcome.com/~jameson/ozzu/misc/bodytonic.JPG
  • sammahoney
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers for that. Can't really think of any way round it though! Hmmmm...think think think...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the navbar, and I love the robot! The creative navigation is cute as well. I see what jameson is getting at, but I agree it isn't an immense problem.

The site loads really really slowly though. If I wasn't interested in reviewing it (i.e. if I'd been just surfing) I probably wouldn't have lasted the wait....

(I'm on a 512kbps cable connection)
  • sammahoney
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, think I've reduced the size of most of the images etc, so should load faster now too. Thanks for the tips guys, always a big help getting things tested like this...

Celandine, pozdrav iz Splita!
  • jossef
  • jossef

Post 3+ Months Ago

exept the menu
every thing is very bad, very bad
the colors, time to load, the text if there is any, white text?!
think about wht you want from this website.
i could not look at it. sory
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

jossef wrote:
exept the menu
every thing is very bad, very bad
the colors, time to load, the text if there is any, white text?!
think about wht you want from this website.
i could not look at it. sory

Oh, please....

This site's not bad at all. Especially for a music-oriented site, where it's ok to use a little more free thinking and creative liberty than, say, a Network and affiliate programs marketing website... :lol:
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is lovely and quite creative. Jossef's review was utterly unwarranted....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers