• boradesign.net
  • boradesign.net
  • Loc: Ukraine

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, all!

I'm new here so will be glade to hear some critics from you on my site and
sites in my portfolio.

Site URL is: http://www.boradesign.net

Looking forward to hear from you! I'm opened for your critics :)
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a non flash website, tha layout is small ..

I am using 1280*1024 screen resolution, and it looks like a coconut.

But I kinda like it because I like grey, and the website is simple. As it only shows your portofolio, and some info about you and RAC, it is okay.

Good job

May I suggest you return my favour ? PM
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Was small to me to. Also, one of your bullets on the left doesn't wrap correctly. Didn't bother to check code to see if it was a list or not. Looks like one, but just not properly formatted.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

After reading the advice you've been dispensing to other people, I was expecting an eyesore of a web site, but I'm pleasantly surprised. It's nice, I'm diggin' the muted colour palette. Not that grey and blue haven't been done, but they work in this case, especially on the portfolio page, where they focus attention on the more colourful thumbnails of your design work.

I'd suggest linking your logo (upper left corner) to the homepage, just because people are kind of used to that convention. If you're catering to an international audience, I'd also suggest having someone with a better knowledge of English go over the verbiage on the site.

Overall, well done.

.g
  • boradesign.net
  • boradesign.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:
After reading the advice you've been dispensing to other people, I was expecting an eyesore of a web site, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

.g

Really thank you for your suggestion.
Will have it in my mind in the future.
Regards.
  • kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. Soft on the eyes. I'm not really liking the font that you're using in the navigation -- seems too..squished, but that's just my opinion. Also, if I were you, I'd take the ads of the porfolio. Or at least make it blend in with the site more -- it stands out too much right now.

Overall, nice job.
  • panama64

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi boradesing,

I agree with others about the size of your website, it's small, but the colors and fonts are very nice. I miss more information about your company, goals...

Other thing, sometimes the Google ads are in the top of page, and it's not nice for a website to claim a design goal.

good success!
  • boradesign.net
  • boradesign.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI,
thank you all for your minds.
I have changed ADS look.
Re my info: it is violation of RAC's rules to place my direct contact info on my site.
Regards,
Ivan.
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo
  • Loc: egypt

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it real simple and nice
  • mmmwowmmm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mmmwowmmm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi boradesing. To reiterate what some others have said, it's too small. I feel like much of the page is wasted on empty space. There really isn't much content on the home page, and that may be why you felt you had to reduce the size, I don't know, but I'd put some more content on the home page and let the page expand to full size.

About the color scheme: I don't think this color scheme works for this page. Medium greys and medium blues - It's kind of dreary to me, not much to get excited about.

It's odd, but I like all of the websites in your portfolio more than your actual website itself. It reminds me of a sign shop I used to work for: They made really great signs, but their own sign wasn't that great. It should have been the best sign they ever made, and your website - which is about web design - should be equipped to dazzle. It's like you decided to pull back.

One last thing: I see that this is in the Ukraine, so maybe English is not your native language. If you're marketing towards English speaking people, then you should clean up the grammer and the wording. It's very awkward English, and some of it is just incorrect.

Ok, I said "one last thing" before, but I noticed another: The Google ads. They seem really out of place on a web design site. If you were getting enough traffic to actually make money on the ads, then you wouldn't need the ads, know what I mean? I feel like they detract from a professional image.

I know I had nothing but criticism for your site, but after looking at your portfolio, I know for a fact that you can do much better. Your portfolio was impressive, and my feeling is that you should redo the whole thing to make it as good as the sites that you've created for other people.
  • CheebaHawk
  • CheebaHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah the interface is a little small for a high resolution screen setting, but I like the layout. The color scheme is also very pleasing to the eye
  • boradesign.net
  • boradesign.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like they say here in Ukraine: There is no friends for colors and taste.... :)
Thank you for all your inputs.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers