• websiteacquire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • websiteacquire

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys (and girls)

The latest client we've pumped out is called Botra

They are in the horse racing industry

Did what we could to accomodate their design ideas, looking for feedback on both design and functionality

Thanks in advance

http://www.botra.info
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmmmmm :S

Well, keeping it constructive ...

1) I personally don't like the design, all squished up at the top of the screen, and the colour scheme isn't very corporate but I assume they're the existing colours of the company :?:
2) The source code is truly awful, I mean seriously .... take a look :roll:
3) I assume the site isn't finished, I found several broken links --> http://www.botra.info/allnews.aspx#27

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more complimentary :(

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The broken link that you mentioned worked for me. The design looked okay but I would add somethings to it. Like put everything in a table thats colored a little lighter than black?

Why those spaces in front of the copyright statement? You can use CSS to do that.

Code: [ Select ]
<head>
<script language="css/text">
{
.copyright
 left: #px;
}
</script>
</head>

...   ...

<div style="copyright">
    ##copyright statements 33
</div>
  1. <head>
  2. <script language="css/text">
  3. {
  4. .copyright
  5.  left: #px;
  6. }
  7. </script>
  8. </head>
  9. ...   ...
  10. <div style="copyright">
  11.     ##copyright statements 33
  12. </div>

try that instead of spaces. Instead of the #px, put in the number of pixels you want the copyright to move to the right. That states the left-margin for it. (I didn't check if it works though. I think that it should though).
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aren't you that person who asked for a review on a site that wasn't yours?

AAAAHH Yes ... found it ... SITE REVIEW: biofona

I've got a whole page review on your site ready for you, but how can I know that you aren't just trying to steal this one ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It hurts my head too much black.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Woah...your that same guy...now what are you going to do. Steal this site!

And for the site... I don't like the "$" for "items for $ale" it looks like a kid worded that part.
  • websiteacquire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • websiteacquire

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I am not here to steal designs, I only post reviews for sites that I am directly involved with as well as offering feedback on other sites.

Just like the Botra site, I do not own the sites but I am directly involved with them in other ways (online marketing etc)

The feedback you provide is valued greatly by the owner of the site who wouldn't normally concern them selves with website review feedback. From here decisions can be made on where to go with the design etc.

I like to use this forum because it is a good resource for website designers and the feedback received here is often very high in quality from experienced designers.

Some of the sites I posted are in fact my sites and I designed them but some are just sites I am involved with in other areas.

I would never post a site that I have nothing to do with.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope to continue posting more sites in the future for review as well as commenting on other sites posted.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly why no rollovers? ...

and then the w3c validator found 18 errors in your coding ... you can view them by clicking right here

then please just for me disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example if a user is on the "trading" page, disable the "trading" link and make it another colour (rolled over state)

I really don't like those colours you're using ... were you asked to use them?

And then on the "news" page you have got standard blue links ... If you have to use that current colour scheme, get rid of those blue links ... they don't fit ...

On the "trading" page you can move the content down to the centre of the block, because it looks out of place up high there ...

then on the "committee" page you've suddenly got a table where you don't have on the others ... I think you should think about removing it and just putting the text there, I think it'll look much better ... same goes for the "contact details" page ... and the "minutes" page.

and then on the "enquiry feedback" page there is another type of table than on the other ones ... choose a theme and stick to it ... and also shouldn't it be "enquiries\feedback"

then on the "industry links" page ... don't you also please want to center that content vertically, and get better images of those links, those are all pixelised, and then you can take out the backgrounds they have so they're the same colour as the rest of your page ... and then you don't need those text links aswell ...

On your "disclaimer" page there is a spelling error in the word "disclaimer", you spelled it without the "c" ... then you've got a link to the "disclaimer/privacy policy" on the "disclaimer/privacy policy" page ... also on this page there seems to be a horizontal rule right beneath the logo which isn't on the other pages ...

then please look into using CSS and HTML rather than tables ... I'm saying this not to diss you, but for ease of editing afterwards ...

Then also you've got a link to the admin section on the bottom of the page ... not good ... people can easily find that and get in there ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers