SITE REVIEW: bozebo.com/new.php

• Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am about to move my site to the new layout located at http://www.bozebo.com/new.php

also... use ?setstyle=light or ?setstyle=dark on the end to switch styles, if you refresh it will chose one at random.. and yes i know the overflow is broken at the moment... if you know how to fix it then help lol

I would be greatful if people could test it for compatability and/or tell me what needs changing, removed or added.

and i have reviewed about 7 sites.. and about 2 of them were not proper so ill b annoyed if this gets removed again :roll:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout's quite good and it has easy navigation. I don't really like the dotted lines around the login box but otherwise not bad.

Just one more thing - I think you need a brief description of what you are about on your homepage as I noticed on your current site there is nothing to do this. Even when I click sign up I'm still left unsure of what the site is about.
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Center the layout, change times new roman into verdana or arial. Other than that it's pleasant ;)
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

aaah everyone wants me to center the layout lol... for some reason it only moves abour 1 pixle to the right even though i checked everything and theres no reason why lol... and in ie it defaces the whole thing.. but if thats what ppl want then... i guess its worth a more complex approach
  • Rapt0r
  • Student
  • Student
  • Rapt0r

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout and look of your site. It's very easy navigation and such.

What I don't like is that, yes, it's not centered. Just kind of messes with the brain lol.

Also, the navigation links are somewhat too scrunched together for me so that it looks a little crowded. Perhaps take the underlining off of the navigation links. Other than that, with some added content of course, it looks good.
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok... btw ull guys will notice that the overfow is broken caus im buildign it atm... and thanks for the advice.. ill sort of center it with the body margin.. but thatll only work in ff lol caus ie is rubbish.. the html center commant ruins the site and using css for it also ruins the site in a diff way. and ill sort the nav too... did u see the light and dark layouts? if u refresh it will randomly chose one
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

thepurplecow wrote:
The layout's quite good and it has easy navigation. I don't really like the dotted lines around the login box but otherwise not bad.

Just one more thing - I think you need a brief description of what you are about on your homepage as I noticed on your current site there is nothing to do this. Even when I click sign up I'm still left unsure of what the site is about.

thats the old layout u described.... there is a link to the new one in the post
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG why is everybody reviewing the wrong site? whats wrong with u guys... i noticed that Rapt0r has reviewed the wrong one and dojo might have and thepurplecow certainly has
  • Rapt0r
  • Student
  • Student
  • Rapt0r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bozebo wrote:
OMG why is everybody reviewing the wrong site? whats wrong with you guys... i noticed that Rapt0r has reviewed the wrong one and dojo might have and thepurplecow certainly has

I clicked on the link you provided and reviewed it? Was there someplace else lol?

Btw I did notice the light and dark layouts, that's kind of a cool effect. It also looks a little more centered now too. If i'm reviewing the right one?
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh... lol i broke it though :S and u were the one person i thought might have actually reviewed th right one caus im using times new roman on the one the other ppl were looking at and ariel on the one ppl r meant to b
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the site, nice clean design and layout the color scheme works well also. now that it's centered it looks great.

i congradulate you on the design and layout. wether i'm reviewing the right one i don't know lol but it has arial / veranda font. i do indeed like the design. it's clean sharp easy to use.
  • poontang
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • poontang

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it
  • Commchex
  • Commchex

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks ok, I'm really not a fan of it changing styles through different pages.

You also have several 404 errors on it :P
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh theyr not actually errors i coded it to make them appear when the page doesnt exist to make it look proper.. also the styles will b proper once the user system is integrated and the chosing styles works
and saying (now that its centered) meant u mustv reviewed the right one in the first place lol soz bout that but the purplecow definately reviewed my old layout... ty for the feedback.. wouldya believe it one of my friends said it was "basic" adn another said the header was too plain.... lol about 40% of headers r plainer
  • flashgamecafe
  • Born
  • Born
  • flashgamecafe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I find that the fonts are too small. If they can be increased in size, it will make for easier reading.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad. I like the greyscale look.

- Why do you have the login thing twice? If a user isn't logged in, the form appears both at the top of the page and then again beneath the menu.

- Your header's a bit lopsided. Not literally, but in terms of content weight. All the stuff that fills it is over on the left, while the right's left empty.

- I would suggest adding just a little bit of padding to your divs. Like the news archive? The inidividual entry boxes could use a bit of padding so the text is not right up against the margin.

- If you have a fixed-width layout, making it centred is simple. Wrap the entire thing up in a container div, yeh? Something like this:
Code: [ Select ]
#container {
 width: 600px;
 margin: 0;
 padding: 0;
 position: absolute;
 left: 50%;
 margin-left: -300px;
}
  1. #container {
  2.  width: 600px;
  3.  margin: 0;
  4.  padding: 0;
  5.  position: absolute;
  6.  left: 50%;
  7.  margin-left: -300px;
  8. }

Voila, centred layout. This will work in both Firefox and IE.

Hope it helps, you're off to a great start.

- Gita
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok ill make them larger too
  • thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just reviewed the site you gave the link to in your first post. I referred to the old site in my post but I now see you have changed the site a lot since I reviewed it!

I like the new layout, I see it is now centered and I much prefer it to the old site. There! :)
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks sorry if i was too critical
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Not got an account? Click here to create one.

you might want to fix that. lol. i understand it happens

other than that it looks fine. its pretty simple. i like the navigation. i dont care for the header though. it seems like its missing something. its alright though. overall 7/10
  • RioSalve

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks good but I think you can change the CSS...
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok thanks for the reviews..

Quote:
you might want to fix that. lol. i understand it happens

what do you mean? if your asking about why it says "it happens" its about people forgetting their username, but i wil remove it because you mentioned it and some peoply might not understand what it is all about. Also, i will make another header, it needs to be wider and taller i think, also the blocks are a bit too blocky.

and the other review:
thanks, yes there are some useless things in the css, i need to strip off the things i was using to test the code to see if it worked, or do you mean something else?
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great work bozebo - your new site shows you have improved a lot over the current one. The colors are much better and your front page seems less cluttered.

I think the background image for 'Navigation' and 'Quick Login' could be improved on. Also I'm not sure what is 'Quick' about the Login? A Login is a Login surely? I guess is doesn't matter that much.

One strange thing I did notice (sorry if it has been mentioned already) but the background changed from dark to light a few times when I was navigating around - is that by design?
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you very much

ok i will make it just say login, i was going to have a seperate login page, but ill have the page and not link to it and make it use isset so i can use the form mainly, i will be able to change the background image easily so thats good

yes it is, i will remove that once the user system is fully made

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers