SITE REVIEW: bozebo.com

• Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have just updated my site's layout, I liked the old one but it lacked the possibility of many features.

Here is a link: http://www.bozebo.com/

It has some slightly different things if you log in but I am by no means asking you to make an account (that would be a bit mean wouldn't it?) so here's a screenshot of the top when someone is logged in (with one of the options hovered):

Please let me know how you feel about the font sizes, colour scheme and arrangement of information. You may wish to have a look at some of the pages in the navigation because the home page is a little bare.
Do you think I should put a border around the news and affiliates on the home page?

Thanks for reviewing my site, hope you liked the eye candy.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

On your Validity section all of your images have a blue border. You may want to add
Code: [ Select ]
img {border: none;}

to your CSS.

Overall not bad. It is simple and clean looking.
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i kind of wanted the borders but i wont miss them, i can see you are using firefox :D caus the other browsers won't show them (they look horrid in ie so i turned them off and opera doesnt draw them anyway)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

bozebo.com wrote:
INSERT INTO `tblUniqueVisitors` (`id`, `ip`, `visits`, `lasttime`, `firsttime`) VALUES (NULL, '41.242.28.162, 198.54.202.66', '1', '1176806016', '1176806016');

that is right there at the top of your page still, not sure what it's for, but I'm quite sure it shouldn't be there ...
bozebo wrote:
Do you think I should put a border around the news and affiliates on the home page?

No I think it looks good like it is now ...

on the photoshop tutorials page, the tutorials that don't have images, have got your standard "Tutorials-Photoshop" image, which is very hard to red, Is there a way you can make that a bit easier to read ...

I must be honest I'm not too mad about the font you used for the headings ("Home, web development tutorials", "Log in", etc), it looks as though it's a bit pixelised, but please note that this is my opinion, so wait for other users to comment on it aswell before you actually worry about it ...

I must say that I really love the layout of your site though, it's awesome ...
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
bozebo.com wrote:

Quote:
INSERT INTO `tblUniqueVisitors` (`id`, `ip`, `visits`, `lasttime`, `firsttime`) VALUES (NULL, '41.242.28.162, 198.54.202.66', '1', '1176806016', '1176806016');

that is right there at the top of your page still, not sure what it's for, but I'm quite sure it shouldn't be there ...

yeah i know thats there, its a bit annoying because its only meant to print when i set debugmode to true but it shows up anyway the first time people visit the page, some very odd cache problem, probably something stupid my webhost is doing.

i will take into account everything you have said, a lot of good feedback for me to work on, thanks
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

I'd seriously consider getting a graphics designer to review your site, perhaps come up with a logo for you :?: Whilst the code looks good the design is seriously lacking :( Very few of us can do both :S

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
Hey,

I'd seriously consider getting a graphics designer to review your site, perhaps come up with a logo for you :?: Whilst the code looks good the design is seriously lacking :( Very few of us can do both :S

Good luck.

ehm ok, everyone else said they liked the design but im open to everyone's opinion, to be honest, yes the title image... those rhombus things are a bit naff i might change that, and the favicon
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I changed the title and the favicon :D Although I don't know if they are what you were talking about specifically, i think that ive improved the site a fair bit :)
  • tjake
  • tjake
  • Loc: Stamford, CT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site needs at least one color. the whites and grays make it all feel bland. a light blue prehaps?
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

tjake wrote:
I think the site needs at least one color. the whites and grays make it all feel bland. a light blue prehaps?

i was thinking of an ice feel, im planning on snapping up a few alternative stylesheets for custom themes, then i can set the best to the main one, but it has 3 different stylesheets already, one for ie7, another for ie6 and another for "real browsers" or so i named it...
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

I honestly think the graphics are still letting you down, you're not quite there with an "Ice feel". After investing so much time and effort spending £50+ getting some simple graphics and maybe a logo would be a worthwhile investment. Each to their own but I think it very much detracts from your domain :!:

Good luck.

• njabe567
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • njabe567

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree the site needs some more color. Also I would look for some uniformity as its slightly confusing what the site does. I understand if you click the site from google and you searched the keywords other wise it would take some time to understand what it does. Definitely a clean looking site and comes up nice on both by wide screen monitors. I also dont know if all that Validity stuff is necessary but to each his own. Good luck
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

PS> Just realised, your site doesn't display in 800*600 :shock: Fatal error :!: Ignoring the graphics issue, you reeeeeeeeeeally need to redesign your site ...
  • hgv
  • hgv

Post 3+ Months Ago

I looked your site with the screen 800õ600. A lay-out of page is looked very badly.
Especially right two columns. According to my sites, 31 % of visitors have the same sanction of the screen.
It is a lot of. In the rest it is quite good. Success to you.

George
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be completely fair, i don't think Prime is wrong with what he says.

I don't have alot of time to give you a full review, but the graphics did stand out as being nothing major. I actually think you need to add a bit more colour to the site and the logo etc. It will make such a big positive difference if you did that.

You did say you were going to try out different themes which is good. I just feel that whatever you decide to go with needs to be a bit more colourful or more defining.
  • firstholy
  • firstholy

Post 3+ Months Ago

seems like you have plenty of space with that new website design

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers