SITE REVIEW: Buxr.com

• buxr
  • buxr

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have created a new hot shopping deals site and hot deals ad widget, and I would like your feedback.

http://www.buxr.com

We are also running an affiliate contest, if you guys are interested here: http://www.buxr.com/blog/2007/12/03/buxrcom-is-officially-live/
  • JasonStanley
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • JasonStanley
  • Loc: London, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

The blog being so separate from the website turns me off this site.
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as the design goes it is not scalable. It runs off of my screen and I am running 1024 x 768 ... the horizontal scrolling is not something that I would keep on that site. Consider the users that run at 800 x 600 ...
  • buxr
  • buxr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for you comments. The blog really is kind of separate at this point, but we should do a better job of integration.

I will talk to my partner about the resolution problem too.

Thanks!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just happened to mouse-over the images of the guy (and the girl) on the main page, and noticed down on the bottom corner of my ff that they are links to other pages. Maybe add some text or something to the pictures in photoshop to clarify to visitors that if they click it they will go to another page.
  • websiteacquire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • websiteacquire

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had some loading issues with the website

Did you draw those artistic figures yourself? very impressive drawing if you did

Overall though the design seems ok for what the chosen topic is
  • roje0913
  • Student
  • Student
  • roje0913

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off i really liked the layout and the fresh, original illustrations. I think the slow loading on the site comes from your use of tables, perhaps a css design would help this out a bit. I also felt like the homepage should include the top bar that is on the deals menu. That way customers can go straight to the category they want. For someone who has been on the site more than once, the front page is almost a waste for them and becomes a hassle if they want to search. Also perhaps a sort by price or 'hotness' would be appropriate for this site. I liked the site and think your off to a great start.

PS nice little favicon too :)
  • MsNovice
  • MsNovice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow..nice art! I'm assuming it's original too.

I found this site a joy to explore. If I had randomly clicked on it, and looked through it nothing would have popped out at me, that made me think "eh...that looks awful".
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm it didn't run off my screen, the resolution seemed fine.... or was that fixed? it still may be a little tight for 800x600

somebody said 'nice favicon' but in truth I can't make out what it is...

I really like the color combination, the illustration style and the general layout. and I don't think the blog looks a million miles different from the site.... the color ties it together, and it's a very specific sort of green - not like a million sites use it. all in all it's good.
  • jeffapartmentliving
  • Born
  • Born
  • jeffapartmentliving

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would definitely reformat it at 800 x 600. Many, many visitors are not viewing on a wide screen and will not stay long if they have to constantly horizontally scroll back and forth. You MUST move your blog to the main page. Combine it with your news, but people will read it...make it available and not hard to hunt down. Your header and log in at the top....I would drop the font size and maybe add a slight line where your color changes.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would like to say nice work on your home page, it looks very attractive.
  • jumar112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jumar112
  • Loc: Ohio, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It loaded quickly for me.

I like the pics. The latest news explains what the site is about.
On the deals page I like that you can browse by brand, merchant or what you are looking for.

I noticed that this site was over a year old, have you had good luck with it? I would think so, it seems to be broken down in easy navigation for what product a person is looking for.

The pages are clear cut and not all cluttered up.

your freebies page looks good, heck everyone like free stuff!
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site man, but on the picture of the girl with the sale tags flying around her head, why did you crop off half of the tag on the top? Kinda ruins the flow. :(
  • tan_go
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flying tags must be changed.
  • alopes
  • alopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

For an affiliate website that design don't looks too good.
  • hackstacks
  • Born
  • Born
  • hackstacks

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this website is down now?
  • Muhammad Asad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Muhammad Asad
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to say that simple design always attracts. Your site can be said as simple but the color scheme is not pretty good. The background color is the color which atleast I have the most...Concentrate on the color scheme please
  • calvi36
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • calvi36
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmmmm, I have mixed thoughts about your site.

Whats ok and not ok, just my opinion:

OK.

Colours
Ease of navigation
Eye catching
Simple design

Not ok.

Latest news right there on the homepage, most people don't actaully care about how long your site has been live.

I think the latest news could be incorporated in the about section and that you should use the latest news text area on the homepage to tell the prospective customers what you actually do, use headlines.

Just my opinion as I said but good luck with it.
  • UM_manager
  • UM_manager

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design 4/5
Domain name 5/5
Usability 3+/5
SEO 3/5

+ Brief description of your services on the front page is needed
  • maddd0ggz
  • maddd0ggz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice RSS Feeds (XML) feature. There should be some type of toolbar on either the top or side. I feel like I don't know what to do with the website. This really hurts navigation.

Live widget feature is nice.

I personally would not trust doing business with this website. It does not look legit enough.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers