SITE REVIEW: BYCF.COM

• bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

A friend of mine has had this project he wanted to start for a long time but he is severely lacking in the computer knowledge area. So I decided to help him out. Now the website has been online for a while and he likes it. But I am not 100% sunk on the vanilla-type design I made up. I would like any and all input about the website, not the subject of the website though. It just feels like it's missing something.

http://www.backyardcockfights.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there bluedragon!

It feels like there is something missing because there's little to no design complementing the content. You have a solid grey background, a solid white content background, a logo and a black navigation bar. For the most part, the video previews that are also black don't help at all - I'd very much prefer all of them to have the cock logo like I see on only three of the video previews.

Get something in there to add a bit of interest, but not to steal the show. Normally I would make a bit of a mock-up for you but I've got some projects I need to get done pretty soon, I hope you get what I mean. :)
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got what you mean and that's just about what seems to be wrong here. I just couldn't put my finger on it.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

creame is not a fighting color, i think first off bad color selection.

Now lets take a look at the bigger players in the industry UFC
@ ufc,com

i just want to use this as a example so look at the 3 colors they have used is red black and silver which i think are a great set of colors for this kind of project. i would suggest a visit to adobe "kuler" for some selection of colors.

The title is in a basic font with a line then logo and basic black menu and some content.

i will say i love the picture while buffering that is a nice effect that i like but the only issue is the presentation of the site. I am 99% positive your traffic will increase and people will return because they can enjoy the feel of what they are looking at not only the video but around.

try this suggestion;
background black
inner box a nice silver-white
topbox make a collage of some of the main fighters or a group photo of founding fights and team then a place menu buttons at the bottom leaving a few px of space.

Some javascript with a mouse over effect will give it some charm too.

play around with some idea's but there needs to be some sort of facelift to the site
  • ella1985
  • ella1985

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my opinion you should choose another color for logo, in order to make it more distinctive. Menu bar and text have the same color which is not the best option.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers