SITE REVIEW: C&C4U fan community needs your feedback!

• master412160
  • master412160

Post 3+ Months Ago

A website will never be perfect but we as webmasters can try to make it the best for what it serves. We @ "C&C4U" aim to make it the best community to discuss C&C games or other activities which are to make members there enjoy there time.

Site link: http://www.commandandconquer4u.com

3 days ago or so we added the custom theme you see now, we didn't make it but I think its great for the C&C type of site we have. We are going to make some changes to it though.

We are 2 months old and one week. Actually older but we opened the site in the beginning of the holidays in July.

one more thing:

Did you or do you still play Command and conquer games ?

What else well we are going to try and improve the site but for that this topic is made so you can give your negative or positive feedback!:cool:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The forum you created there seems okay. Your NOD logos you are using for forums with new posts, no new posts, or locked is grainy looking. I would try to find a clearer image for that. Your background image you are using is about half a meg in size, which is kind of large and could make people with slower connections have problems loading up your site. Also I took a look at some of the forums you have there and you are missing the absolute best one:

Tiberian Sun

which by the way is free to download and play now! You can obtain it here: http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic

Tiberian Sun was one of the last games created by Westwood Studios before EA (Electronic Arts) bought the company and ruined the franchise (in my opinion). To this day I do actually still play Tiberian Sun, I actually played it a few days ago. While the graphics are slightly outdated compared to some of EA's newer Command & Conquer games, the game play on Tiberian Sun is what keeps that gave alive. Nothing EA has made since has matched the game play dynamics of what Westwood Studios had done back in 1998.

Anyway, I would add a Tiberian Sun forum, otherwise good luck with the site, hope that helps :)
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

[off-topic]Generals is actually a pretty good game. Not true to the C&C feel, but still fun to play in multiplayer nonetheless. Otherwise I agree, RIP Westwood :([/off-topic]
  • master412160
  • master412160

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the great feedback Bigwebmaster. The background image should be fixed now. And I would add a Tiberian sun forum but it would be empty. Maybe if you want you can create some topics about the game in the general discussion forums. If you want to help out building the site up of course.

And by your feedback it makes me feel playing the game, I do own it as I have C&C the First Decade.
  • miktemac
  • Born
  • Born
  • miktemac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design
The forum you have looks well designed and is working well too. From a design perspective, the icons you have in the top menu seem a little out of place though. Maybe it would be better to replace them with custom ones to fit your site design.

Performance
I am testing on Ubuntu Linux 64 bit with Chrome and all of the page changes and the rendering are quick. No issues observed.

Functionality
Everything that is there is working well. My concern is that there really only is a forum (maybe that is all that is required for Command and Conquer - I don't play it myself), but what about a blog, or a styled review of an add-on with pictures on a separate page that can then be discussed in the forum.
Also, an RSS functionality would be nice.

Overall
Solid functionality, solid presentation. No real issues.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers