SITE REVIEW: Car Spottings

• Coderx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Coderx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi their, I made a site a few days ago for a friend, Just wondered if there was any feedback on it:

http://www.car-spottings.tk

Its a site about car spottings (self explanatory).

The Homepage has been through a bit of testing with the red backgrounds, but click on another page and you can see how it was before.

Thanks.
  • jackdaniels
  • jackdaniels
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should provide more content and build a better layout... The current one is not very good: you have a very big body and only that short text... Not too good for a homepage...

And maybe a more esplicative header would be great!
  • FlamingpyroXXX

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. I dont like the .tk...if you want to make it serious, try getting a .com or .net name
2. Maybe put that graphic that says Death3536 or whatever on it up in the blue header box, instead of white letters saying http://www.car-spottings.tk
3. The red background looks ok, but the text on it is kind of hard to read
4. The lines in the far background are too dull...unless you look close, they are hard to see and it just looks white
  • LINKWITHUS
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
ok let me see if I can help you a little on your design. 1st rule When working with backgrounds never let the background take away from the site. thats why its called a backgrounds. lower the opacity maybe to 60% 2nd lets work on that topbar blue is not working with your site feel, you may want to change it to a color thats uniformed with the feel of your site. if your not going to use images on your topbar you may want to center the header so you wont have so much empty space, also make the font size a little larger. 3rd remove the hit counter its so 90s a good web designer never uses hit counter you can now use AW stats this should come with your hosting plan. If not you should transfer to my company http://www.ecmswebservices.com we offer all of the latest features :D now lets go to the good points I like the large photos of the cars it makes it easy to the entire car. also you did great by making sure your navagation stays in the same place.
  • hostking
  • hostking
  • Loc: Montana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout for the most part, except for the double pull-down bars. Also the pictures load slow.
I also agree with Linkwithus about the color scheme. Hope this helps.
  • onebillionviews
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • onebillionviews

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi mate,

Your idea is nice and all but you need to work on your design. That red background and the white lettered text really hurt my eyes. It was tough to read the main text on your page! Same with your links on the site. You should probably create css style sheets so that you can change multiple texts/images/features at the same time!
  • konsam1
  • Born
  • Born
  • konsam1

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice site with lots of info
  • clubfeet.net
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • clubfeet.net
  • Loc: Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

A little tip, have at the bottom of the page, links to every page you have. If you are going for a clean site, and easy to use, you are shooting down the wrong path.

Also, on the image page, have little thumb nails to show the image, There are a view good free thumbnail creaters out there, do a search on google.

And have a little link below the image, to go back to the image list.
  • Coderx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Coderx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the ideas guys, I'll try to take them on board and make some alterations. I thought the red backgrounds were to much tbh. David (death365) said that it was ok, but seen as the front page has now been blanked due to a few technical hitches im sure we can figure somthing out.

As far as the .com or .co.uk domain goes i am seriously thinking about it, but at the moment the site is hosted with freewebs, so we would ahve to move it to a better host with cheaper prices. Myself and david were thinking about trying to make some kind of revenue that would atleast cover the cost of hosting/domain for the year, although we have come to a sticking point. Anyone any ideas on that? Ive thought of using adsense etc. but with the amount of hits we are getting it just wouldnt work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers