SITE REVIEW: Car-Spottings.tk

• Coderx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Coderx

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.car-spottings.tk is up for review, soon to be car spottings.com.

The site is made to deliver pictures of exotic autos on the public road. The site has had a recent change of looks, please let me know what you think!
  • lobonar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: somewhere behind a comp with my eye's fixed on it.

Post 3+ Months Ago

uhm lets see, first of all i would like to warn you that using a .tk domain name isn't such a good idee, opera user won't be able to see it anyway.... so specially for you i started IE up... when i got to your webpage i thought to myself, this page isn't showing anything special... its not an eye-catcher... so basicly i'm saying your page doesn't work, atleast i got that feeling.

Well i scanned the website further an well didn't find any information at all, the only thing i found was images of cars... the tiny bit of info is the bit of text thats on your homepage and some news.... I would suggest you make a bit more information on it. cause a website with only images doesn't work

then well while i was looking at your page i was actually getting really really really annoyed about the animated gif image.... It was driving me nuts because its going super fast... and well it took me about 5 runs of going through all the images that are showing to see that the last image was actually telling the following text : "Your source for automobile pictures"

Well i hope i wasn't too hard on you, i hope you would also find this comment usefull in improving your website

regards lobonar
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMHO, i think it's better to use thumbnails and click to enlarge option for your photo gallery as your viewer can browse easier through your gallery. It may look nice now as your gallery is still small, and it can go out of hand when your gallery grows bigger. and thumbnailed picture is easier to manage. It'll be a lot cooler to add in javascript and when your visitors hover on the thumbnailed images, it'll give the slightly larger preview of the pic :) Just like in istockphoto.com. Just my 2 cents. Anyway good luck with the site. Luv those cars, Wish i have a Porshe 911 .. :(
  • Darkhack
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Darkhack

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it's a good start. the TK domain and such is a bit annoying but I understand you did that for the sake of having a shorter URL and such. But asside from that I found a few minor things I would change.

First: I would suggest that you keep your link colors uniform rather than alternate between red/blue on your main page. Either go with all red, or all blue or in my opinion, I think a dark gray (like that used on your background) would look good in contrast to that lighter gray.

Second: Remove the flashing "Update Log". People will be able to see it without it flashing. If there is anything we've learned from using the internet, it is that flashing stuff is annoying.

Third: For your photo gallery. I would use thumbnails and when a user clicks, it opens in a popup with the option to go "next" or "previous" from that same popup window. Also when you list the car companies like BMW or Honda, it might be neat to show the companies logo in a thumbnail like fashion.

Overall: I really love your website. It has an elegant design that is easy on the eyes and is very well organized and easy to find everything. Content is layed out in a professinal matter. The pages are uniform and in sync with each other which makes navigation very easy. Its clean and well centered. Very nice job!
  • cwash83
  • cwash83

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also started another browser to check it out
Almost lost interest with the ads and attempted popup
I don't like the flash logo where it looks like the cars are playing 'hit the gopher'
I'm assuming since this is temporary you will move the images from photobucket over soon
I wouldnt have the browser resize the images, if you're not going to use the full size of the cars, then reduce the size to your working size

I love the concept though
  • Coderx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Coderx

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW, Thanks alot guys.

A special tahnks goes to Darkhack because i found his points the most useful. I have now stopped the update log flashing. I have changed the link colors on the left to blue (homepage only so far). Soon i will be getting that imagine slowed down.

Also i will be purchasing a domain name soon.

Thanks guys. More comments please!
  • marchese72
  • Born
  • Born
  • marchese72
  • Loc: Anzio (Rome - Italy)

Post 3+ Months Ago

great job :thumbsup:

Nice site!but you should put in more pics

PS: The owner of Ferrari 360 is Paolo Di Canio?
  • lorddarkness
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lorddarkness

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry ,i think you change web template.
  • lovenony

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like your site but you must relase the tk domain and search for another hosting
however the moch important is your domain.
otherwise i like your style in design and link
so simple---so good
however its a good begining
go ahead....
  • sports-facts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sports-facts
  • Loc: Detroit

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) dont be cheap, at godaddy a .com domain is 1.99 a year and hosting is like $3 a month.

2) your meta tag is horriable, your title is car-spotters corner for every page, bad key words, etc.

3) I think the add in the beggining will make 50% of your traffic press the back button before even getting to the site

4) get rid of hit counter cause it is unprofessional and visitors don;t car how much traffic you have

5) get rid of donation button, your not wikipedia

the site it self looks very nice, but add some content
  • merlin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • merlin
  • Loc: Brazil

Post 3+ Months Ago

I couldnt see anything - except pop-ups :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers