SITE REVIEW: Carazoo

• carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I am currently working on http://www.carazoo.com/.

Can you please review the website and let me know what are things I am lagging behind.

Kindly please give feedback on how I can improve the website in terms of design, structure, SEO etc.

Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanking You in Advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• chris kerr
  • chris kerr

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like. What about a colour scheme to run through the site?
  • Andrei
  • Born
  • Born
  • Andrei

Post 3+ Months Ago

great work, but you must review usability of your service.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good work your site validates. Thats the first thing I check since so many do not.

Overall you've done a good job getting a bunch of content on a page but there are quite a few inconsistencies. I would try to clean up things like link color and hover actions (some are blue, some are black, some are white, some have a hover, some don't have a hover). Consistency in navigation helps users know how to use your website and even small things make a big difference.

Also the excessive shadows on every element are overpowering. I end up seeing shadows instead of content. I think it would be wise to remove most of the shadows and only keep them on elements of importance. Its also a little strange when the shadows don't seem to fit (header on "select a new car" etc) so removing some of the shadows will help there as well. Might be wise to keep the shadow only on the bottom corners of the container and remove from images, headers, etc.

I also found it a little strange that you registered a .com when you don't serve the United States or Europe (also might be helpful if you stated your service area on the home page). I don't know the rules on this, but it seems that search sites might doc points for the domain being in a different area than the service.
  • MidGe48
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, quite a good site.

Since the previous poster (Graphixboy) did such a good and comprehensive review, I feel I have little to add.

I will make two additional points, however.

1) the site appeared crowded to me. On the other hand choice, as evidenced by the success of larger car yards and as manipulated as desirable by car manufacturers and their large number of options on each model, may very well suit the industry and it may be considered attractive to a potential car buyer.

2) and this is a big gripe, why using fixed layout, especially since you seem to want to display a lot of information. What a real waste of screen real estate. Unacceptable!

Hope I did add some feedback that may be useful and I hope your site prosper, after you attend to the lay-out issue. :)
  • carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

@graphixboy and @MidGe48

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I am also planning to do some redesigning of the site so that it looks much more soother to the eyes of the visitor. Thats why I need feedback so that I can modify those based on your feedback.

Thanks a lot Guys.
  • chris kerr
  • chris kerr

Post 3+ Months Ago

i seem to be comenting on theme a lot but its really nice to see a theme in a site, it makes it recognizable. the blue silver and black of the top logo would be great carried through in the links and buttons in the menu.

The favicon look cool to. you could maybe make it a blue 'C' and drop the back ground, make it transparent, would look quite classy
  • carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

chris kerr wrote:
i seem to be comenting on theme a lot but its really nice to see a theme in a site, it makes it recognizable. the blue silver and black of the top logo would be great carried through in the links and buttons in the menu.

The favicon look cool to. you could maybe make it a blue 'C' and drop the back ground, make it transparent, would look quite classy

Hi,

Thanks for your review. We created the favicon keeping in mind that in logo Carazoo was in white and background in blue. But since you have said so, I will try and see how it looks like.
  • magstudios
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • magstudios

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi your Site is very Cool and the Color Combination's is good and content is also perfect in the view of SEO.
  • hlx98007
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hlx98007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your website, very cool, the only thing I don't like is the connection speed. I am currently in the U.K. and I am not satisfied with your connection speed.
  • carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need to reduce the download time of the pages, especially my homepage and blog page

Any idea guys, how is that possible.
  • karmadir
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • karmadir
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks perfect, it has good PR content is also there, as far as reducing the downloading time is concerned you can remove two or 3 images to make your page lighter and then check the download time.
  • carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Apart from the downloading time..anything that I have to to look for when I will be updating my website?
  • certgeek
  • Born
  • Born
  • certgeek

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had no problems w/ download time, I like it! Might be a bit heavy on the images.
  • carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

certgeek wrote:
I had no problems w/ download time, I like it! Might be a bit heavy on the images.

Thanks for your feedback :-)
  • exmmedia
  • exmmedia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like this site looks great you have lots of pages, great seo and good pr rank. Loads pretty quick not see much problems here, but that line across the tabs looks like there was a mistake, think should get rid of it looks weird
  • guppyman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • guppyman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I find the layout look nice.

However the focus of the site is not immediately obvious.
  • maahan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good.very profeesional !
  • dreamrecipe
  • Born
  • Born
  • dreamrecipe
  • Loc: Illinois

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree that the download time could be reduced with a few less images.
  • totoweb
  • Born
  • Born
  • totoweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, quite a good site. I like the color and layout.
  • cgardiner
  • Loc: Caribbean

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a big fan of clean design, in my opinion the site is very busy.. There is a lot going on here and you have not designed in a starting point for the eyes to be drawn to. At first glance my eyes are looking all over the place without the opportunity to stop on something of definitive interest.

Animation and colour can draw your attention but there is much happening all over. Your home page should tell people what YOU want the to do.. buy, sell, shop around etc. in my opinion you need to have one thing to start every one on, one focal point.

Otherwise, the site looks great! Great job.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers