SITE REVIEW: CarCareDetail.com

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm doing my friend a favor by designing his site for free. I'm in school and full time job so I'm not able to put too much time into it but I'd still like a few pointers. He has an incredibly small bandwidth on his server so I'm trying to keep the site small. Let me know what you think of the pages I've got so far. I honestly prefer extremely hard critique. I like my sites to look good. :wink:
http://www.carcaredetail.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• BillSmith

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cannot open your site
  • Ramna
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ramna

Post 3+ Months Ago

At first, it took a while before the page was opened and so, while waiting for it to be loaded, I opened a new browser's tab and entered your site address in google and when I clicked the link in return I got the following message on screen:
"
The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:
1-You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.
2-The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.
3-The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.
"

But my second attempt to load your website from the link you posted was eventually successful.
So please everybody do not give it up if the website takes sometime before it's loaded.

By the way, in my opinion it's a really nice job, keep it up like this. I am browsing it using Internet Explorer and the outcome is also pretty nice.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm, I wonder why this happened. I may have been uploading new content as you tried to view it. Is it possible that the site became unavailable while I was connected to the FTP?
  • arismawan
  • arismawan

Post 3+ Months Ago

the graphic is too crowded. and the balance is poor. It woould be tidier if you minimalize the graphic and layout.

regards
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the review arismawan, but please; a little more detail. What do you mean the balance is poor? And the layout? That's about as simple as it gets: header, navbar, content, footer navbar. I need suggestions.
  • JoeDomain
  • Born
  • Born
  • JoeDomain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it a lot I like the custom design and the diamond plate background it looks really clean. I think you did good work here and the colors work really well together.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks JoeDomain, I appreciate your insight.

problogr, this is something I wasn't too sure about either. Definitely something I will change tonight. Luckily you picked a simple css property, hehe. I love 3 second fixes.
  • netrider7880
  • Student
  • Student
  • netrider7880

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good design and template.But the links in bottom are not visible much.Better you can change the color for those links.Thanks.
  • jcwilde1
  • jcwilde1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site looks pretty good. But I would remove the check boxes and invoice lines on the Services page. It looks like a form that should submit. So a simple list of the services and the costs would be less confusing and put the focus back on the content.
  • rianvisser
  • rianvisser

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site does not look that bad, but i see its been created mainly for Firefox.

Remember that there are a large number of IE users out there and to me the header seems to be out. Else, the site looks good.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the reviews guys. I agree with the checkboxes, I'll remove them. I think I'm going to rework the layout of that page to simplify the list by categories of basic, detail, and platinum. Right now it's a little too confusing to the customer to read what you get for what package. As for the links on the bottom, I'll need a couple more reviews that say the same, I like the color of them and I thought they had enough contrast against their background. As for the IE, I may change it; but really what I was going for is something that will look better over time. I believe IE 8 has plans to incorporate the css selector border-radius. My client has a low bandwidth because he has several add-on sites under that server so I wanted to keep it small. I think I'm ok with the tabs being boxy until ie 8 becomes more popular.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers