SITE REVIEW: Carnavia Web Design, Graphics & Marketing

• whogoes
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whogoes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please give your opinion. All criticism welcome at all levels. I will not cry later. I promise.

http://www.carnavia.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• whogoes
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whogoes

Post 3+ Months Ago

nessuno wrote:
really nice :)

I appreciate the positivity. It's encouraging.
  • Johnkitty
  • Johnkitty

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi! So sorry to say, I don't like your background much; it looks so dull with red color, and there is no image there. Why don't you put some ads into both sides (left and right)? And the color of word looks so dim, you should make them brighter in order to let others easily read your site.
  • whogoes
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whogoes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johnkitty wrote:
Hi! So sorry to say, I don't like your background much; it looks so dull with red color, and there is no image there. Why don't you put some ads into both sides (left and right)? And the color of word looks so dim, you should make them brighter in order to let others easily read your site.

no ads, because ads annoy visitors.

The site is plain, because I don't have my logo designed yet ad I am thinking up themes. For now, I'm writing content and worrying about what I say more than how I look.

Thnks for your advice, I'll keep it in mind. I am here to measure if my plain site is more distracting than the content.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't done a site review in a while so here goes.

I appreciate that you've stuck to three colors for the entire site pallet, however the red is a bit overwhelming and it makes the accents (bars, nav, etc)overpower the actual site content. That hierarchy needs to be flipped around.

For a site all about visual creative its seriously lacking anything to create visual interest. Visual interest can be accomplished with typography or images but something needs to create that impact on every page. I also think its important to show what you've worked on with both visuals and case studies. Right now your long on services and very short on anything to show for it. Because of your service, I think a portfolio section is an absolute must have, possibly even as your first page.

I also had a bit of a hard time with the legibility of most text. That light gray doesn't have a lot of contrast and the width of the page makes the line length really long. I would recommend either setting a fixed width on the content or considering breaking into multiple columns to make the line width a bit more manageable.

Finally I think that the w3c validation buttons are really cheesy and pointless. If you make sites for others yours should validate simply from a quality product standpoint but no client has any idea what that means and if they do know what it means then they probably don't really need your help. That said your site doesn't actually pass the validation so its a really bad idea to say it does with the badges.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers