SITE REVIEW: Carpe Diem

• darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made this site for a creatively impared web programmer friend of mine. He has some friends who are in a band called "Carpe Diem" and they want a site. It doesn't actually have any content in it because the friend of mine is going to put it in, but I wanted some suggestions on the design before I handed it over to him.

http://www.epsilonco.net/carpediem

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

In a way I like it, but then again in a way it looks like one of those free templates you see on those template sites. I think maybe making a flash version is the key. Flash sites are great for things like local bars, bands, etc etc. Just a thought.
  • RossOliver
  • RossOliver

Post 3+ Months Ago

I completely agree with apsblackbelt2 - it does look like a pre-done template style website.

The theme does give a good impression of the style of band though. I don't read whatever language its in, but I would imagine the band consists of heavy metal head-banging style music?

Your HTML is pretty good, but I would look into keywords and a description META tag...

-Ross
  • webthink
  • webthink

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site, but one thing I'm not too keen on is the white text on black background. I just find it hard to read. Besides, perhaps black and red make the site look a bit too gothic for what I believe the content will be.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers