SITE REVIEW: Casey's Site

• Casey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Iowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my personal website. I just made it for the heck of it and I thought I'd ask you all what you thought of it.

http://casey.cytechhost.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a lot of content, but very clean. The color scheme is a bit dark, but that's not a problem if it's the mood you're trying to convey. Maybe make the powered by graphics at the bottom into links?
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Loc: Kenosha, WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its not too appealing, i mean not alot of content or links for that matter, maybe you should add some of your friends, schools, sports, and mix around with different colors...
  • dispector
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • dispector

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the collage of a banner you got going, but dark red content headings might go with it better if they were a lighter color, maybe ever a different color for each one.
  • Casey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can actually change the color of the page if you don't like it. Someone told me how to switch the active stylesheet for the document. It's a cool trick if you've never seen it before.
  • I3LinD_4RcheR
  • Born
  • Born
  • I3LinD_4RcheR

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am a hard way critic....please forgive me...
But i think u must remove the "MAKE DONATIONS" link....this is a personal site u made not a money yielding one...
Also it be better if u use tyle sheets as diff browser settings chng the text size chnging it to *plum*.

thats it
  • t3chl33t
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site, although if it were my site I would do a couple of things to make it look a bit better.

1. Edit the photos at the top so they have matching luminance and general colors. I might also work on adding something to the image to make it a little more interesting like some areas that don't have photos but some abstract blending work instead.

2. The colors you have chosen, the red and black, are good but I feel for the images you have they don't really go with the mood. I might focus on lighter colors that might go with the "happy" tone of the images. The colors you have chosen are a little desaturated too, seems a little blane to me.

In conclusion, could use work but definately a work in progress. Keep up the good work.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

overall, i like the site... it's supposed to express you... it's got pictures of your friends, a little bio... cool... a good start...

and i really like the color-changer at the bottom...
i do think you could bring a little more attention to it, though, it's kind of tucked away and i think it's one of the nicer aspects of the site (your viewers get to personalize it, you know?)...
also, play around with some different colors and intensities for those options... right now, i feel like the orange is almost right... the white is way too bright and the blue is too dull and dark... just how i feel, you do what you feel...

i think my biggest issue with the site is that you spelt RAMEN wrong... c'mon, i went to college, too, and i might not have lived through the whole experience if it weren't for those wonderful little noodles :)

hmmm... yeah, not a lot of content...

first, i love pictures... pictures pictures pictures...

i think it would be nice if you had some photo gallery with pics of you and your friends (you could even use the http://gallery.menalto.com one or some similar open-source jobby job that your friends could upload pics to)...

once you start fleshing it out, though, i think it'll also need some kind of menu structure... a place for talking about school, about halo, about antics with your peeps, you know you know...

anyways... i think you're off to a good start overall... so have fun with it...
  • Casey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, good call, I did spell ramen wrong. I guess the noodles I have are so generic they don't even say ramen on them, so I never learned how to spell it! :)

I think it would've looked nicer if I had matched the tone of the collage pictures. It's too bad I lost the source .png file :(
  • biggy199
  • biggy199
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site mate
Personally I would start taking a camera to school. Put some extra pages on. Funny picture of the week, most embarrassing moment etc get some traffic going through.
Then get some local age related events to pay for a small advert to promote this.
“Badabing badaboom” Internet millionaire.

Good luck mate.

Craig
  • SoDriven
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SoDriven
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Casey,
I like it. I love the customized banner. It helps to have the hooter girl in it :) But there aren't alot of hyperlinks on your sidebar? If it's a personal page of you, then I would recommend having a photoblog of sorts as well. Try going to flikr.
  • brittanyblair
  • brittanyblair
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont think there's enough content, its a good start though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers