SITE REVIEW: Cash Columns

• bluecircle
  • bluecircle

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just got this website up and running in the last week. I'm looking for your ideas to improve the website layout, maybe make it more clear on how it works, etc...

Cash Columns
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gmoney
  • gmoney

Post 3+ Months Ago

The premise is easy enough to understand--I picked up on it right away.

As for the layout, it definitely works. It's nice and simple and the colours are pleasing to the eye. You wouldn't want a "flashy" layout because it would draw attention away from the ads which are the main focus.

The only thing I had a problem with was that star/flare logo thing...but that's just my opinion.

Good luck with your project!
  • bluecircle
  • bluecircle

Post 3+ Months Ago

gmoney wrote:
The premise is easy enough to understand--I picked up on it right away.

As for the layout, it definitely works. It's nice and simple and the colours are pleasing to the eye. You wouldn't want a "flashy" layout because it would draw attention away from the ads which are the main focus.

The only thing I had a problem with was that star/flare logo thing...but that's just my opinion.

Good luck with your project!

Thanks! I didn't really like the flare thing either. We're still working on a banner and finished logo.
  • dotancohen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Haifa

Post 3+ Months Ago

For one thing, I'd not buy an ad on a site that does not pass W3C validation (you have over 50 errors on the page). For another, the initial cost is too high. For $16 one can buy a good deal of Adwords ads. Lastly, your page rank is 0. That is not a good place to be buying ads from!
  • bluecircle
  • bluecircle

Post 3+ Months Ago

dotancohen wrote:
For one thing, I'd not buy an ad on a site that does not pass W3C validation (you have over 50 errors on the page). For another, the initial cost is too high. For $16 one can buy a good deal of Adwords ads. Lastly, your page rank is 0. That is not a good place to be buying ads from!

I think you missed the point of buying ads on the site. W3C validation is a good idea, but can take me a lot of time. I'll put it on my todo list.

Thanks
  • dotancohen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

W3C validation is more than a good idea. It's like speaking correctly. I would not hire a PR rep that spoke like Snoop Doggy Dogg, because his English his not correct, and is liable to be misunderstood. Same with non-standard coding. You cannot know how the browser will interpret your code.
  • bluecircle
  • bluecircle

Post 3+ Months Ago

dotancohen wrote:
W3C validation is more than a good idea. It's like speaking correctly. I would not hire a PR rep that spoke like Snoop Doggy Dogg, because his English his not correct, and is liable to be misunderstood. Same with non-standard coding. You cannot know how the browser will interpret your code.

Snoop Doggy Dogg is my PR rep :?

Anyway, are you using XHTML 1.0 Transitional? That's what I check with. It's just that I have been rushing to put together and market this site, as long as it displays properly in all browsers, W3C Validation is just a novelty. Even google.com doesn't pass. :P
  • dotancohen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I check it against XHTML 1.0 because that's what you have in your doctype:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1 ... mns.com%2F
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.mmmzr.com/

one of you are copying the idea.

its just another million dollar webpage idea, and both of you have 0 pageranks and hardly any marketing.
  • bluecircle
  • bluecircle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo wrote:
http://www.mmmzr.com/

one of you are copying the idea.

its just another million dollar webpage idea, and both of you have 0 pageranks and hardly any marketing.

It's hard to get a pagerank when your site is only a few weeks old. MMMZR is a copy, and isn't even accepting submissions.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

He created his domain on the 8th of Oct, you on the 30th, I find that hard to beleive.

Who cares if he is accepting submissions, all i can see here is a rip from another site, which has obviously been up longer than yours. based on members & creation dates. + the sites looks identical.
  • bluecircle
  • bluecircle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo wrote:
He created his domain on the 8th of Oct, you on the 30th, I find that hard to beleive.

Who cares if he is accepting submissions, all i can see here is a rip from another site, which has obviously been up longer than yours. based on members & creation dates. + the sites looks identical.

Cash Columns is the original name. Anyone can create some random name like mmmzr and then make a copy using that domain.

Anyway, this is not the point of the thread. I'm looking for people to review my website and give helpful advice.
  • trunkmonkey
  • Born
  • Born
  • trunkmonkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

bluecircle wrote:
Nucleo wrote:

Cash Columns is the original name. Anyone can create some random name like mmmzr and then make a copy using that domain.

Anyway, this is not the point of the thread. I'm looking for people to review my website and give helpful advice.

A total rip off of MMMZR.com - who was online three weeks before you even registered this name. And a very poor copy at that - the sales page isn't even automated.
Please don't treat us like we are 4 year olds - if you're gonna copycat someone at least admit to it.

MMMZR has spawned a 100 copies - some as poor as this, and some with a little more imagination - see http://www.pyrad.com and http://www.doubleboost.com/ who have a least tried to be original.
  • abstract
  • Born
  • Born
  • abstract

Post 3+ Months Ago

bluecircle wrote:

The word original doesn't really fit here, looks to me like someone else thought of that one too...

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost ... stcount=53

funny how it happens to be on a mmmzr thread!
  • bluecircle
  • bluecircle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great, I didn't even read that. You morons are so helpful... what a retarded forum. :roll:
  • Doc Magnus
  • Doc Magnus
  • Loc: Brighton UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess you won't be doubling your money here then - what with all us morons around
  • bluecircle
  • bluecircle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, the site's been going well, but all of you have been useless. I guess none of you will be.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers