Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, only my 2nd site, any tips would be great!!!. go easy!! :D

http://www.cellphonepictoria.com
  • PokerSpider
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are well on your way...maybe if you could have a more lively/colorfull background" it would improve it a lot i think,a bit because of that ....
depending on each induviduals own settings like background and stuff on theyr computer,,the background of your page will appear/ be set to show in that individuals own pre.set background collour...That means if you are creating the page with transparent/default bacground collour this will not always appear to well to a number of vsitors...so in my oppinion its better to write the page with either white ore a vdesired colour....hope it makes sense(my english typing aint always easy to get:)norwegian me am:)
good work man and keep it up :D
And thx so much for the complement on my site ..its realy apprisiated and kept in memory:)(but i shure do hope u where on the right pages:)gott to keep my as on the ground if ya get me :lol:
  • mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very Creative. Fill in the empty spaces though. Maybe some advertisements?
  • Blotch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Blotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website looks very creative. However I had trouble reading the navigation - perhapse you could try to make it a bit easier to read? If I went to a website and couldn't immediately read the navigation, I would probably leave because I wouldn't want to spend my time trying to figure out how to move around the site.

Best of luck.
  • SB_GEMINI
  • Born
  • Born
  • SB_GEMINI

Post 3+ Months Ago

agree witht the other comments its got a great creative feel to it
  • hankhill
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: On the hill!!! Where else?

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hrm.... At first I was in shock at the child-like graphics, then I was actually amused by the menu...It's different...Looks like you used the tools you had available to create your menu and header...

I'd get rid of the Links section though, somehow it doesn't feel like it belongs on your site.

Everything on your site needs to be smaller... Not all of us wear coke-bottle glasses...

Interesting idea though, I hope it takes off for you...
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow, at first glance truthfully it looks like my dog could have stepped on the keyboard/mouse and some how made a better layout, lol. But then I was amused by it. Now I really like the layout! LOL its one of those kinds. But I would say keep it out and try adding a some kind of graphic into the header.
  • Unfused
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: UNFUSED.NET

Post 3+ Months Ago

The header and navigation instantly caught my eye, and i instantly liked the site, its like a breath of fresh air, every single website i visit on a daily basis tries there best to create the most crystal clear buttons, i find the yours very well put togther too and pleasing to the eyes..

The Layout needs work, when i look at it, this is what i think needs changing.

The Google ad box needs moving down, in my browser its directly under the text box with about 1 pixel between them, i would remove the Google search too as its not needed really, i would also find a unique free font that you like, download it and use it for the entire site, there are too many different colours, fonts, bolds, and italics on the site that are visable which are confusing when looking for active links..

If possible add a background texture, a very light one, that would take away the feeling of emptiness that the site gives off in some places.

The concept is great and i really like it, ill add a few pictures off my K750i when i get home to add a'bit of content.
  • edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all your input so far!!!, you have all been great, its been much appreciated!!!, and all noted down too.

The overall kid-like look of the site was the idea of it , I wanted it to look like a 3year olds first drawing basically :P , so trying my hardest, and that probably really is the way I write!! , you should see the birthday cards i send!! :shock: , I just wanted the site to look fresh , easy to get around , and also have all ages to be able to use it , hence the BIG icons and stuff.

I just hope its fun , and I really want people to laugh when they see it!!!, just like you would laugh if you saw me!! :D .

But thank you all!!!. comments always welcome!!.
  • 21traffic.com
  • 21traffic.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would maybe get a template or some sort of better layout its alright but to be a successful site you need to be eye apealing.
  • ka05
  • ka05

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site.
Although, it would be a lot more efficient if you used and external style-sheet, rather than defining the style within the site markup.

Check http://w3development.de/css/assigning_external_css/
  • edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Learning CSS as we speak, ignored it for some time, but now after seeing what it can do!!, i'm hooked, bought a book!!, and now i'm trying to learn as much as I can.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool which book?
  • edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

More Eric Meyer on CSS, i'm a little out of my depth, but hanging on!!. and am picking up some good stuff i'm going to eventually put in this site!!:)
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats awsome. I know a little css but I really should learn it to a more advanced level. Ill have to check out a book by him.
  • edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well from what ive seen so far, from the book, and other people using CSS, I should have done this a long time ago!!!.seems very buggy!!, but you always have a forum like this to ask questions??.

Also, why wont anyone submit pictures to the site!!???, im gettng alot of traffic, but no-one really sends any pictures in??, what am I doing wrong???.
  • edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya css seems to be my way forward??. So this site has been up and running about 3weeks now, and i'm a little disappointed with the lack of people submitting to it?, is there an easier way this can be done??, id like to be able to find a simple, click and upload thing, to make it easier to submit pictures to it?.
  • edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

What can I do to make my submit page alot more user friendly????, I dont like that way it is now, and want a more easy few clicks form, but dont know where to start??.

any help would be great please;))
  • edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

added some of the CSS im learning, its not much, but its a start, how does it look in your browsers??.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers