SITE REVIEW: Century Sites

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is one of the layouts and designs I have done a while back... All I want is a constructive criticism on the design and the layout... and the usability of it. The only thing that works there is that page :lol:

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ralf206
  • ralf206
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

You forgot to attach the file. I do not see it.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ralf206 wrote:
You forgot to attach the file. I do not see it.

Yeah Bogey, I need a link or I'm helpless; lost in the sea of websites.

Edit: is this it? I did some stalking and found this in a topic from January.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought you guys were detectives :shock:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to: Yes Breeze, that's it lol

http://centurysites.ismywebsite.com
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow

*scours his old posts to see what can be used against him*

welp, i'm done for, lol
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

How big is your screen bogey ?

I'm on a 1440x900 resolution and I can just barely fit the center block with the scrollbar in my viewport and I have one of the tallest viewports you'll ever see with barely any space dedicated to toolbars.

I would definitely lose that scrollbar and just let the main windows scrollbar handle it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

The reason I have that scrollbar there because of that image there :lol: I don't want to have the image repeat, yet, I want to keep it there even if you need to scroll. I'll try to make that design a bit more fluid, as for now, it is fixed, allowing somewhere about 900px wide... (That is probably why it barely fit your screen... my screen is at 1280x1024 resolution.

Although, that scrollbar is in the design, and not out of it... but I'll try to make it more fluid...
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure of the colours ... too pastel for me at the moment. I get these periods where I prefer certain colours or schemes. And perhaps reduce the amount of colours to a more manageable level like three or four?

Is there a reason you've put the links boxes inside a scrollable field ... why not just use the main page area without the scroll field ... if you get what I mean.

I do like the simplicity though :)

Edit: didn't read your comment thoroughly, Bogey. Maybe you could do without the scroll field by having a fixed amount of boxes on one page, and have pages 2, 3, 4, etc - like Google search results and what-not.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

That makes sense. I hadn't noticed there was a fixed-size background image before.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
I'm not sure of the colours ... too pastel for me at the moment. I get these periods where I prefer certain colours or schemes. And perhaps reduce the amount of colours to a more manageable level like three or four?

Is there a reason you've put the links boxes inside a scrollable field ... why not just use the main page area without the scroll field ... if you get what I mean.

I do like the simplicity though :)

Edit: didn't read your comment thoroughly, Bogey. Maybe you could do without the scroll field by having a fixed amount of boxes on one page, and have pages 2, 3, 4, etc - like Google search results and what-not.

I'll try to implement a pagination type thing... are the colors too bright or too dark?

Is the color overwhelming for everyone? I don't want to change it if it's okay with everyone but Breeze... (No offense Breeze)
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm just fussy with my colours is all. It's no big deal, I've seen websites that look like the work of Epilepsy Terrorists and yours is nowhere near that.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
I'm just fussy with my colours is all. It's no big deal, I've seen websites that look like the work of Epilepsy Terrorists and yours is nowhere near that.

lol, my early creations were probably like that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers