The first of many sites I will post for review, please view

http://ceo.brooklynmedialab.com
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's uhhh, well, it's big. Literally. And different. Different not being bad but it took me a while to actually figure out what the hell is going on! I don't know, maybe I'm old fashioned when it comes to designing but it's just not my cup of tea. I would suggest a cleaner, smaller, more sophisticated design. I don't know, some people might like this but that's just my opinion of the splash/main screen. Once I entered the website it's not bad at all. I like the retro pic with the gas masks. That's really neat. Again, not much I can say about the design. It's different but it's way better than the splash. Good job! :wink:
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why is the main page so different in design from the rest of the site?

I mean, I like the pic even if it's waaaay too big... But then I get into another land with some white backgrounds, and some stripes of all colors and no way to get back to the main page...

I am not sure I can give it a 7, even after my third Budweiser... :)
  • criserb
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, I think the site isn’t finished. My advice is to renounce at the horizontal scroll and to set the margins of page to 0px.
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

can it be smaller ? ... it very big.. If it just fix into my screen, thats will be great. :D
  • frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its very artsy and I can tell that was your goal.

A few things to consider:

The site doesn't really match. Employ a color wheel and try reverse colors..for instance the reverse color of that green splash fractal background would actually be purples. You could really have more intensity with your site if you do that.

Next, your focal point: Where is it? The main focal point on your site is that white tribal bar on the left hand site not your buttons! But I am sure you would like your site name your focal point but it is not...not at all.

Here are my two cents.
  • Digitelle
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: BRKLYN-NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you all for your posts and I will take them all into consideration during the redesign.

I am afraid that there is some confusion as to why the "site doesn't match" or that there seems to be no overall design scheme. The link to BML is actually a link to a different site. Your confusion is helpful to me, I see now that it is unclear. The CEO site (what I meant to send in for review) is only 3 pages and has a green background, it is not meant to be a splash page for the other site.

I will repost to this thread when the new site is up and hopefully you will care to review it again.

Thanks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers