SITE REVIEW: cgwhat.com

• cgwhat
  • cgwhat

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.cgwhat.com/ is the url.
I used a template for this project page will be selling dvd video tutorials on maya max and other popular 3d programs part of the page is joomla and other part is vbulletin
Please help check the overall feel, function, font and color, spelling of the site
Thank you for feedback and best regard
Arnel
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• JasonStanley
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • JasonStanley
  • Loc: London, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your google ad's have not been done very well and should be improved. The text on your navigation is a bit bunched for my liking.

In Firefox 3 the search bar is too bar to the right.

Your store is completely different from your website. This is what you need to fix the most. It looks like a completely different site and as a result I think you will find that a lot of users trust in the shop is broken for this reason.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the navbar/header! I agree the lettering is too close to read properly but I forgive it on basis of sheer cuteness. Great colors, love how it moves - really really pretty!

Yes it is a bit strange how the internal pages look quite different from the home page. I guess it would be easier to change the home to fit the others - less work as you're only changing one page - but I'd actually recommend changing the inner pages to resemble the homepage more closely, as I really really like the design of the homepage - it's a bit different, while the inner pages have a more generic look......

anyhow that's my two cents....
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the navbar. I think you have excellent design. The color scheme is dark (which I like) and everything is pretty sleek looking. Pretty web 2.0 I would say (which could be a good or bad thing depending on your preferences). But I really like it. Nicely put together.

My only problem with the site, is your google adsense div. It's a little too large and excessive. It detracts from your content by making it lower. But if that's what you want people to do, to scroll down over that large item, then all the power to you.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, looking at it again I'd agree with Merlyn - maybe the ads down the right-hand side are enough? maybe take off the big ad window right above the main content.....?
  • jossef
  • jossef

Post 3+ Months Ago

good one
try to put more conntent to it
try also google webmasters tool to chick how google see it, time of upload I think it`s slow
  • g-technology
  • g-technology

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is pretty cool.

1. The Text next to the DG boxes is blurry.
2. This seems like you starte off good at the top then towards the middle you lost the vision, I tend to do that myself.
3. Your title might needs some tweaking for the search engines.
4. The images when you navigate are a bit too small for the amount of space you have you might want to make those images a bit bigger.

Overall you are on the right path some tweaking would make your site better and also maybe add some text under The Ads by Google box so that its not so empty there. Good luck keep up the good work.
  • motionmountain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • motionmountain

Post 3+ Months Ago

What a stunning design!

Only technicalities need to be improved, such as text floating over other text
in Firefox, the yahoo link at the bottom needs another 10 mm
of grey below it, and the "menu 1" "menu2" marks can be dropped
completely.

MM
  • roje0913
  • Student
  • Student
  • roje0913

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aside from it being a template, i liked the color and feel of the design. One thing that I was thinking in the back of my mind was, if this is a 3d modeling site , why no 3d renders on the front page? Then when I hit the 'video training' it takes you to a page that has an entirely different feel to it, which was a bit awkward for me. Under the tutorials I think it would be nice to add the number of tutorials that are under each category so users don't have to blindly click on things when there is nothing there. Not too serious but you also have a few coding errors that you could fix. You can check em here: http://validator.w3.org/

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers