SITE REVIEW: Cha'Los Craftworld/Four Winds of Chaos

• LordArnell
  • LordArnell
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a website dedicated to two armies (see http://uk.games-workshop.com for more info about the armies) known as the Eldar and Chaos Space Marines. For those who are lazy or just can't be asked, it's a table top wargame where miniatures fight each other with a set of rules governing movement, shooting, morale and combat.

My site can be found at:
http://www.farseertyross.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks for your time.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hehe i used to have an eldar army :D

anyhoo, I found the popup to be a nice touch, but also mildly annoying at the same time. I find it better to have the news as an integral part of the home page if you want it there as soon as people arrive. Especially as it pops up EVERY time I go back to the home page :twisted: :)

The menu was a bit unfriendly, although I liked the random shapes. The text needs to be anti-aliased to make it less blocky so it's easier to read (especially as it is not a "standard" font).

also the blue-black fade background is a bit blocky - make it smoother (converting to a jpg will help with this.)

Something about the main text hurt my eyes. I think making it off-white (try #cccccc) might make it easier on the eyes, although I'm not sure.

There's a lot of content there which should generate interest. A few typographical adjustments could make a difference though.

Note: you may want to drop the profiles in the army lists, as these are technically rules and technically copyright GW, and you are publishing them free of charge. They probably won't care but it is not worth taking the risk (this doesn't apply to your codex though)

Actually - definitely drop the profiles. Now. I just realised you had all the profiles for everyone. As far as GW are concerned you might as well have scanned the codeces and published them online. Do this ASAP.
  • LordArnell
  • LordArnell

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the info. I have removed the profiles and have asked (via email) GW whether posting the profiles is allowed or not. I suspect that it might be but there could be a slim chance that it might not be. Anyways it can't hurt to ask, can it!
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty good looking site.
But I have some Constructive critisism.
-You should get rid of the pop-up, until I read rtm223's post I didn't know there was a pop-up because my browser blocks pop-ups, and I am not the only one who blocks pop-ups. Also a lot of people will usually close pop-ups right away thinking it's an ad, so most people will probably not see it.
-the side bar's text is a bit hard to read, but still managable (the font reminds me of the led zeppelin ablum, houses of the holy)
-that blinking tiny banner on the right is a bit anoying...
-And I would suggest, have the side bar's buttons hover and make the background of the button darker on hover or something like that, it will make it look a bit cooler, IMO
  • LordArnell
  • LordArnell

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was thinking of revising my home page anyway and possibly getting rid of some of the clutter on the homepage. I know what I mean about the Warp Link being a distraction. I have created another image that will replace it. As for making them the links hover, could you give some javascript or a site where I can find a javascript to make them hover. Thanks for your critism! Hope you and anyone else has any good ideas about imrovements.
  • charmed_male
  • charmed_male

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice !

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers