SITE REVIEW: CHat Zone

• Julian
  • Julian
  • Loc: Bournemouth Dorset England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Everyone,
OK,the first thing when you review my website is not to laugh..I have only be understanding HTML for about 12 months...THe website was created by a friend and myself and at the moment is very basic due to the fact we need to add more content..I like any feedback and maybe what we can add to the website to make it stand out more..Many thanks Julian.

http://www.chatzone.co.tv/
  • [ATM]Bhulkan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Holland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You made this in notepad (completely html) or in frontpage or some other sitemaking program?
Looks nice, but is the white bar supposed to be there (on the lowest part of several pages).
  • Julian
  • Julian
  • Loc: Bournemouth Dorset England

Post 3+ Months Ago

[ATM]Bhulkan wrote:
You made this in notepad (completely html) or in frontpage or some other sitemaking program?
Looks nice, but is the white bar supposed to be there (on the lowest part of several pages).

Note pad :D..I know very basic..But we find HTML easy to use for codes.We used java as well..But some codes caused problems when tthese conflited with one another..We only want to start with somehting basic..But would like to have a website that we can call a website..THe site is a free host board..But like i said i have only been understanding HTML for less than 11 months and i have done most of the work myself..Even though its basic,we going to try and nake it better :D ...Thankyou for your feedback
  • 7mx

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the the rusty medalish cement nav bar ...

but the background on the page is very um well i don't like it much, but the nav bar looks good :) . the box which encloses the title of the page is um sorry to say :roll: awful. and the text is a little bit big it looks like spammer text, if you know what i mean.

personally not all to fond of the design .... except the navbar

I give it a two out of five.

better next time

peace peace...
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a huge believer in not centering bodies of text. If it's just single lines of info like...

Friday Night
August 19, 2004
The Auditorium

YOUR FAVORITE BAND!!!

Tickets are $10 at the door

....that works. A paragraph, however isn't very easy to read.

In my experiences, if anything about copy/content isn't easy, users won't read it.

IMO

HTH!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

[ATM]Bhulkan wrote:

It appears it's supposed to be an iframe with an ad from ads.pennyweb.com

I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I'm not entirely sure the iframe was coded correctly. Can't quite put my finger on it.
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Himachal Pradesh (India)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sorry Julian but it does not look like the result from an eleven months experienced html user. There is nothing particular there to write about. 11 months is a long time to grow in html. I think you should move on to something like Frontpage, Dreamwaever or Go Live. For begginners, Frontpage is very helping as it has a plethora of in built page and web site templates. If you have understood the basics then it is time to move on to something more helping ... :D so move on to Frontpage, Dreamwaever or Go Live and start seeing the divine beauty of creation. :)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't agree with the above post so much. You just need more hands on experience. Just make more pages, more often. Go to some good sites and check out the source codes, see what other people have done. But hey, I am new too. There is nothing wrong with notepad, btw.

I don't like transition effects when you go from page to page, you should consider removing them.

Why use a free message board with lots of ads? If you have php and sql on your host server you might consider getting phpBB. http://www.phpbb.com

Like the overall design
Keep up the good work
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree....
ditch the free message board host...

ok

the nav bar looks cool, the way the brickwork pokes out, but change the text in the bricks...
some is squashed and too big, keep it all 1 size that fits

the main title of the page and that "dreadful" backing on it needs to go. (no offence) it needs alot of work. just get rid of it lol, make a newone and make it more simple.

When i look at the site alot is going on, with the background, huge text ect...
make it a little more simple, perhaps leaving the back of the text a bold colour to make it more understandable.

Quote:
I am sorry Julian but it does not look like the result from an eleven months experienced html user.

an unfair comment, people learn at their own pace, perhaps the 11months are not correct, he started on the first month then 'maybe' skipped one to do another thing ;)

I use dreamweaver myself because i find it easier, coding thru notepad is harder and i congratulate you for making a fully functioning website without using any 'helper' programs (such as frontpage,dreamweaver...)
  • Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

but still, ne ways pertty good site
  • vrajesh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Member,

I see many site builder who do designs in the beginning normally use bigger fonts and eye irritating colors.

I dont think it is a good idea. It is something like shoutinng on the net. Use smaller fonts. Be smart. everyone will like your site. I understand that senior people must be able to read it. so, we can use 11 pt of Arial would be better.

Regards,

Vrajesh
  • vrajesh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good start. But still so many things to be improved. find a better navigation.

overall , good work.

Regards,

Vrajesh
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay a few critique on your site, the site looks a bit too dark and the texts are too big. What i like on your site is the forum, but you don't seem to have a link that will take you back to the homepage of your site, Clicking on the home button pops up a new link to the forums homepage again.
The worst of all are all your pop up adverts.. really irritating.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers