SITE REVIEW: Chattanooga Cru (Redesign)

• kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've redesigned the Chattanooga Campus Crusade site. What do you think?

http://chattanoogacru.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great improvement!!! This looks a lot better. And you used some modern elements without it looking cliche-ish. I do have a few suggestions: 1) I would make some of the logo text smaller. That way you can move the content up. That large space looks just a little too big. Also, I would add a rollover effect on the nav ( I love rollovers) and maybe add a mild transparency to the content box, so that great abstract design can shine thru. But this is a good start in a new direction. Good luck!!!

One more thing I noticed, the text for the date on the community page, the font is too small and I would choose another. It looks a little out of place. And where's your footer? Okay closer look, too many fonts. And stay away from the really small stuff.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with ^ about the logo. Are you planning on keeping that whole under construction image there? With the Chattanooga Cru header followed by that image, you're wasting 80% of the initial load up space on pictures. Not what I would want to see if I loaded up a website.

That "Try not to become a man..." phrase looks awkwardly placed on the page.

You'll have to work on making font sizes more consistent and easy to follow. For example, on the Contact page, you have a HUGE contact title, followed by miniature date.

The menu items definitely need rollover actions.

This is a WordPress template that you downloaded and trying to customize. The layout, color scheme and everything look good. Make sure you customize the links and everything to make them search engine friendly, i.e. get rid of that ../?p=8 stuff and make into a ../page-name.html link. Wordpress has this option in the admin panel. There are a lot of other plug-ins that you should get. Scope out the Wordpress site for the popular ones. Overall, nice.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the visuals. Really pretty. it's true they waste a lot of space but for me pretty always comes first.... just one thing - the tabs marked 'home', 'contact' etc are somehow too plain for the rest of the design. You could either make them a solid color, or give them a little finesse to fit in with the rest.... but overall beautiful, really.
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

@zaiah I added a rollover and I'll try out the transparency idea. I fixed the font problem, and I'll work on the font sizing. Thanks for the complement!
@daremedy Thanks for the comment. This is not a wordpress template that I ripped off. Its completely my own design. What gave you that impression?
How do I make friendly URLs?
I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the whole top part of the page. My client wants a some kind of slideshow/flash thing where the current "construction" part is.
@celandine Thanks! I'll brainstorm some things to do with the tabs. I totally agree with you!
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made the header text smaller and moved the page up. I'm not sure I like the way it covers up the background, though. How can I make the border transparent?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers