SITE REVIEW: CHE-FSN Website

• Pengel
  • Pengel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I'm a recently graduated nutrition student from the Philippines. My department's final request of me was to prepare for them a site to be launched on November 3. I've only recently started working on it, and I'm stumped with the design. My adviser wants it to look as professional as possible, and I'm not sure I captured it already.

Only one link is working, the COURSES button at the navigation bar.

I would greatly appreciate your reviews and suggestions! Thanks!

http://www.geocities.com/che_fsn
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• o[tter]
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Seattle, WA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I quite like it. One thing I'd recommend is replacing the buttons and headings with actual text and implement the red backgrounds through images. A simple table with three cells would work nicely: rounded left side, red background with the text in the middle, and the rounded right side. This will improve SEO as well as decreasing load time just a bit more and improving accessibility.

I think you definitely captured the professional look. It seems "large enough" for being a university department, but still "small enough" not to be overwhelming.
  • Pengel
  • Pengel

Post 3+ Months Ago

BUMP?
  • Pengel
  • Pengel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the suggestion otter, especially the button using three tables ^__^. I haven't thought of that, and I was trying to streamline the page size. I'll try changing it tonight.
  • pierrenavarra
  • Born
  • Born
  • pierrenavarra

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site, very clear , good colors :o
  • PyroCreep

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well done Pengel,

You did a really good job. I think your advisor would be pleased. The design looks great and yes it does look professional. The finished project should look quite nice.

Good job Pengel!
:thumbsup:
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Question, do you plan on hosting the site on the geocities server??? If you want it to be considered professional you best get yourself a real hosting company.

Make your navbar more appealing. Right now it's all over the place. Maybe make one on the top and smaller, or make it on the left/right side of the content. Right now the layout doesn't have direction. My eyes don't know where to look first.

Make your font a tad bit smaller. No need to have it so large.

Why is there a jvs tag above the <html> opening tag? Remove it. Especially since it states to remove it :P (<!-- text above generated by server. PLEASE REMOVE -->)

I pressume you plan on adding keywords & site description near the end of the site completion?

Use css instead of inline font tags.

In the courses page, the last section under Doctor of Philosophy (Nutrition) (PhD-N), the last sentence has an extra soft break, remove it.

knowledge and reflects
independent and creative work.

should be

knowledge and reflects independent and creative work.

Hope this helps :)
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Design, good colors and your text is ok. But when Opera displays the website without images i only found the the text "image".

You should give all images the <alt>-tag, so when no images are show the <alt>-tag will give informations about the image (link).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers