SITE REVIEW: Cheat Extreme

• Kingsimon999
  • Kingsimon999
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be very grateful if you guys could give me some feedback about http://www.cheatextreme.com

PS2= Playstation 2
PS1 = Playstation

Thanks

P.S I have reviewed 3 other websites and will continue to try and help others. :D :D
  • gba_m
  • Student
  • Student
  • gba_m

Post 3+ Months Ago

Things to make your site better:
-put a logo
-give your links a button shape (instead of just text)
-add graphics (like characters from video games)

you should also list your sources of where you got the codes (if you're not the one that discovered them).
by now you should have removed the october released games in the ps2 release dates section and you should update the playstation 1 charts.

there's nothing wrong if you're going for the simple look but since it's a video game site, it's better if you have a vibrant color scheme.
  • mustardplaster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mustardplaster
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the simple look is what you have it is easy to get around. If you have really good content then people will come back.

When you rollover the menu item "Playstation experience review 2003" it expands and pushes the menu downwards.

Up the top of the menu it says "home screen", could just say "home" would be a little more professional.

The logo that you have put in the background and then tiled does not look to prof, makes it look like sites like this (http://www.golddirectory.com/Index.html) Better to just to have one sitting in the corner and a white background.

Love the webmasters tips and advise page. That is personal touch and you will grow quickly as a result. I don't think however you will be able to sustain it after a while, but it really is the best thing I have seen on a gaming site so far. 2 thumbs up for that one!

You have a few tools that are powered by bravnet. You could get a few of these without the logo's from hotscripts. That way no Bravenet advertising on your site. Would seem a little more personal.

It is a sit ethat you can really grow... As a prev poster said pictures, images, change the links to icons and you will be on your way... Keep at it and good luck.

[/url]
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

MY two cents, and this is really just two cents worth.

Please declare your bgcolor in your body tag. I am assuming you want it white, but my default color is not white, rather it is grey so the page looks much much much different.
  • iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

I kinda like the simple design - all though your advertising seems a bit off (I guess I'll leave that to you, but why is there a lycos search bar? ick...).
The navigation on the left could use some work, perhaps a trip to photoshop to spruce up the links a bit so they stand out??

Also, kind of off topic, but do you use a CMS to manage your site? If so, what do you use? I like the simiplicity, and I'm looking to startup a lyrics site which would work great with what you have here :) Thx for any info!
  • DuffMan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portland, OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall I like it, but my main concern is your index buttons on the left. I find that huge gap between each button to seem like way too much, it doesn't make me feel "toolbar", its more like a paragraph. It looks like you are trying to make your index match the length of the rest of the page, which I understand. But try to make it disdiguish itself more from the rest of the page and the advertisements, the advertisements have as much emphasis on the page as the buttons.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers