SITE REVIEW: Cheetah Designs

• phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Southeast US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have recently started this company and I have changed designs several times. I will be adding samples in the near future, but right now the content is mostly text. I am really just wanting opinions on the logo and design of the site.

http://www.cheetahdesigns.com

thanks
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the overall feel of the site. Its simple, easy to navigate, and the layout looks nice.

However, I feel as if there's not enough content in it or something. Perhaps it's missing images, or samples of work. In your site, you say that you offer a variety of services such as logos and graphics, and yet there are no samples of the work(s) that you have done thus far. It's understandable seeing as how you've just started the company and all, but perhaps you should put up some logos and designs that you have done already even if no customers have used them.

People like to see what a design company is capable of, and your website does not show this.
  • zaccary
  • zaccary
  • Loc: Somewhere in the Biosphere

Post 3+ Months Ago

Easy to navigate and impressive design.
I would agree with the above post though. It needs a gallery of work somewhere. That, i feel, is all that it is lacking.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found your logo interesting. Still not quite sure what I think about it. The colors? Well, the orange and black seem sort of "Halloweenish". They work OK with each other I guess, but I've never seen an "orange" panther. I would have thought a black panther, with an orange logo would have made more sense. Perhaps reverse the colors and see what it looks like.

The background image is quite sharp and nice, but I think you boxed yourself in. I suspect you are going to find that you have created a lack of space to put some quality content in, particularly on your graphics page. You'll want to show some images of your work, even if it's only logos, but I'm betting you won't know how to place them without "running out of room"

The navigation is unique. I like the way you've offset it. Haven't seen many people do that.

Outside of design, you really should look at your code a bit. The code needs a doctype for the standard you are coding to e.g. HTML 4.0 strict or transitional.

It's a nice start. Lets see where you go from here.
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the comments. I recently changed thee colors from a somewhat north carolina tarheel blue, grey, white to this just to have something different. I may switch around the colors on the logo like ATNO suggested.

Also, I have thought about the fact that I have only so much room to work with for content. I have thought about doing an iframe, but they scroll bar may make it look messy. I have also thought about loading the sample thumbnails under the navigation. Who knows? I will see when I get there. I do have several images for the graphics section and I have samples of different types of cad work we can do. Maybe I can get this done by the end of next week and ask you guys what you think.

Thanks,

David
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

phrenic13 wrote:
I am really just wanting opinions on the logo and design of the site.

The logo have nice colors and the design also. I think, your design match your activity. But if I load your site with graphics disabled, because the capacity is more than 160KB, I see no navigation. The only thing I see your text.
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks multi, ill probably add an alternate navigation with text only in the future
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

phrenic13 wrote:
thanks multi, ill probably add an alternate navigation with text only in the future

I have tested your site with Bobby from Watchfire. Test environment Quality, Accessbility and Section 508. It's not really accessible.

See for more informations:
WAI checkpoint 11.4
Section 508, Part 1194.22, Paragraph k
  • bookatechie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

First when I opened it I thought, wow this is kind of a cool looking website, kind of different which is important for a design related website. Than I started to click around and found that there is very little content and I got disapointed.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

bookatechie wrote:
Than I started to click around and found that there is very little content and I got disapointed.

That's because you didn't read what he/she said

phrenic13 wrote:
I will be adding samples in the near future, but right now the content is mostly text. I am really just wanting opinions on the logo and design of the site.
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks ATNO
  • sonik
  • sonik

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi phrenic,

First of all, nice job!
Your website is simple and easy to navigate.
But what i suggest is that you could have unique backdrop for each page.
E.g. in the "Drafting" page, you could show a drafting table, with tools and papers, etc.. make it messy as possible, lol.. to show that you r doing work. :wink:
"Contact" page, maybe show your front door of your office? Best to include your logo.
And one last thing i wana comment is your alignment and fonts used.
The page for "Contact", the font is totally off and shows lack of consistency. Likewise with your heading alignment of every page.

Hope that helps. :D
  • pannas
  • pannas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good job!
I like the simplicity of the layout and the match of colors!
Just a little thing : bolded text is not to easy to read, a normal weight font as in "contact" page would be much better!
  • om
  • om
  • Loc: Bangkok/Thailand

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple and easy to navigate. Full marks for that.

Add some tag line under your logo to describe what the site is about.

Background color can be of a little lighter shade.

Fine job.
  • reciprocal_link
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • reciprocal_link
  • Loc: Bemidji, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks good except for the text
font face="Arial Black"
i'd change that to:
font face="Verdana"
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

reciprocal_link wrote:
i'd change that to:font face="Verdana"
Verdana looked absolutely terrible on Red Hat 9 when I still had it running, arial on the other hand looked just fine and quite readable.
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

A few months ago I posted for a site review. Since then I have redone the site, taken away some things, and also added some sample graphics. You can see the previous post at http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic68090.html but the link to my website in the other post will be the same as this one. I still have a lot more work to do, but I want to know how people like the overall design and if it seems easy to use. Please review http://www.cheetahdesigns.com

Thanks,

David
  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I thought it was pretty easy to navigate, dont like colours thoe but thats me. The red text sorta hurts my eyes.... wait to see what other say but overall it is easy to navigate and i like the design.

You interested in a link exchange? :)

my site is also underconstruction...

let me know how u go
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the reply, i sent you a pm about the link exchange
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please do not start a new topic if you already had one before. I've merged both topics into one.
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, now a fourth of the people will look at it.

Good Job
  • webdune
  • Born
  • Born
  • webdune

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice....the site is really easy to navigate. And you did goodin picking the right colors.
  • DMX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site.

I like the logo. Though it seems just a little tooo long, slinky cat and all..

I might try resizing it with the ratio unlocked, so it scrunches (shortens) it 10 - 15% just to see what it looks like.

Other than that I liked sonik's ideas, maybe a little more color.

Good job.
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's an attractive design, but centered text in a content box that has nav elements on one side looks..."off".

Align left or even justify if there will be sufficient cont.

Also, you need to validate your code, 8 errors is a bit much considering the design simplicity of the site.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cheetahdesigns.com%2Findex.html

One last thing...I always thought that leaving the imageready comments in just added unecessary file size and would suggest that they be removed since they don't add anything of value.

Good job, eh :D
  • Anaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like main navigation menu being on the right-hand side of your page. Otherwise the design is very creative although I don't agree with the red color. According to a bunch of marketing firms I work with red indicates danger and may have people shy away from reading the content of your page

good luck
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i want to thank everyone for their reviews. i take almost everything you guys say and check the site out again with those thoughts in mind. the more reviews the better. i am thinking about adding some more color to the page. maybe using a lot of the same colors, but using a lighter color on the background and darker for the text. but thanks again.
  • Meg Dilts
  • Born
  • Born
  • Meg Dilts

Post 3+ Months Ago

True, not many contents to read about.
  • nomax5
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

its all fair and well saying

Quote:
I am really just wanting opinions on the logo and design of the site.

But the colours go with something’s and not with others.

for instance the colours of your website seem feminine to me with a hint far eastern promise .

if you're doing computer components - building materials or car repairs then the colour are very very wrong

on the other side if you are selling romantic novels - chiffon scarves doing a dating agency or exotic pole dancing nightclub - I think the design is good.

If you're are planning on Web design and graphics then you're target audience better be predominantly feminine.
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol @ nomax. you hit the nail on the head. that is pretty much what i was thinking. i originally had black, orange, grey on the website because i didnt want to scare off men. i changed it to strictly graphic design and figured i could do something different with the colors, but thought it may be too feminine. i can never be satisfied with what i have done. i have been trying to find a good color combo, but i cant make myself happy.
  • DMX

Post 3+ Months Ago

phrenic13 wrote:
i have been trying to find a good color combo, but i cant make myself happy.

Give this little toy a spin. It helps set up complimentary color schemes. It's a cool way to get ideas anyway.

http://meddle.dzygn.com/tests/colors/

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 31 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers