SITE REVIEW: ChicagosTowing.com

• msbionik
  • Born
  • Born
  • msbionik

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate it if you could give me some constructive criticism for the web I designed. I have no web design education at all and have done this through trial and error. It's for my boyfriend's towing company. Thanks in advance!!

http://chicagostowing.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• linxiting
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • linxiting
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad for your first time...

Couple of remarks:

I'd use other colors... Maybe white and a light blue. Now everything is too gray...

Your rollover button effect isn't good. If you rollover with your mouse, you should still have to see the text in your button...

Your nicest webpage is the about-page, nice use of white-spaces, try to create something like that for your main-page. Make it easy to read, make sure people don't leave your website after seeing your first page.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi msbionik,
Welcome to Ozzu. This is a really good first run on design, I hope we can give you some helpful feedback. The first page is very long, could you break it up into columns maybe 2 or 3? If you need help with the code, you can always use a site like this or this to start from.

Also you might want to make the text smaller in the content area, but thats a preference. Not sure if you wanted it to or not but your nav bar breaks in FF 3.5 in OSX if you want to test your site to see how it looks in multiple browsers on multiple browsers you can use browser labs by adobe. Its great.

Hope this helps.
  • pixy84
  • Born
  • Born
  • pixy84

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site is too gray and I agree that first page is way too long. There is too big variety of font sizes and nothing stands out as a result.
Hope I've been helpful
  • englishrussian
  • englishrussian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I like the site in general, but also agree its a bit to grey, but its very good for your first web site you should be proud of it, just a little more work and your going to have a great site there:)
  • msbionik
  • Born
  • Born
  • msbionik

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I have been quite busy lately and have not had the chance to visit here. I do appreciate everyone's comments. I'll let everyone know when I change the sites. Thanks again:)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers