SITE REVIEW: CInfinitySolutions

• cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, please take a look at our site. We have just finished the redesign so you can be the first ones to view it:

http://www.cinfinitysolutions.com/cinfinitymainv2.php

We have tried to make this site look as professional as possible as it is ecommerce. Any feedback would be helpfull before we release it to the world. Thanks,

Jukka Virtanen
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mr. Wiggles
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr. Wiggles
  • Loc: Brizzle

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the site, looks very professional and simply done, easy to navigate and use thanks to the bottom links and the nice dropdowns. Your pc's look like great deals and your apges are very informative. Add more articles, site news and quotes from customers and i'm sure business will boom with a bit of advertising.
General Suggestion: Optional Monitors/Keyboards/Mouse deals, ability to come with/without O/S of choice. Maybe a team page to show where the pc's are made, how they are made, just for show.
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice! looks professional and simple which is good. good use of whitespace
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

No even comments...great
  • o[tter]
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Seattle, WA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are two things that I think you may want to look at:

1) The page, when viewed on larger screen seems a bit odd because the top and bottom grey bars extend all the way to the right, but the content does not. This isn't a major issue however, most people probably wont have a problem with that.

2) Most text sizes are set absolute. When I change the text size in internet explorer, only a few things change, most do not. It's best to set text sizes in terms of em, ex, and % instead of in, cm, pt, px, pc.

Other than that, it's a very nice site. Everything looks quite seemless and professional.
  • PyroCreep

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just awesome!

I like just about everything you have done here. The white space is great, the dropdowns are awesome, and the pages load very fast on my machine. I could go on forever but I won’t. Very well done!

I would have to give this site an A+ and two thumbs up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • andyy15
  • andyy15

Post 3+ Months Ago

good job plain and simple to navigate. Maybe add a flash logo to make things more interesting?
  • jayhawk1746
  • jayhawk1746

Post 3+ Months Ago

great. professional. easy to navigate.
  • cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I decided to center the page and after I did that it just looked odd with the solid gray at the top starting and ending abruptly so I had to really redo the top. The logo may not be the best in the world as I am no graphics artist. I am thinking of having the logo professionally designed so if any of you can recommend a good logo design company that doesn't charge an arm and a leg then maybe you could email me: contact@cinfinitysolutions.com . I am guessing that people are not allowed to post such info on this forum, hence the email. I really appreciate your comments. Keep em coming :) !

Jukka Virtanen

p.s I've got a technical question. I am using suckerfish dropdowns for the menu but if i try to center the menu title (Why buy from us, products)
it also moves the beginning of the whole drop down to the center of the cell, which means it's completely misaligned. If anyone knows an answer to this let me know. I think this is only an IE problem...
  • Cobnobl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

sik site bro, i love how its so simple and sleek
  • cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well trying new things again. the whole thing is left aligned again, but now thanks to margin I get horizontal scrolling at 800x600 :(
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

You built the site yourself? It looks very professional. Almost amazon.com-ish.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, here are some comments:

- I think you should move your "Products" navbar. Right now it's just kinda floating in between the rest of the content. That's the last thing you want for something as important as a navbar. Actually I see now that you already have the products link implemented in your top navbar. How about making your top navbar more visible? As in changing colours.

- Couple of spelling mistakes. Make sure you spellcheck before you decide to publish your site, ESPECIALLY since it's business site. You want people to take you seriously. Here are the mistakes:

1) "ATI is now worlds leader in producing graphics cards" add the word THE inbetween now and worlds. Change "worlds" to "world's"

2) "ATI has increased it's market share by 17% " change "it's" to "its". I didn't check the rest of your site to make sure there were any spelling mistakes, those two kinda jumped out at me since they are on the front page. Check the rest of the site!

- Check to make sure your scripts are cross browser compliant. Your drop down menu has glitches in Opera. Nothing major, just the grey hover colour extends past the box.

- You're missing alt tags, specifically on your logo!!

- I see you only have a paypal option for purchasing. I'd suggest getting a credit card merchant account. If this was me, I'd stop shopping at your site if you only had paypal as I don't enjoy shopping through paypal and I don't have an account. You have to give buyers OPTIONS. You must be flexible. I know you can also get an INTERACT option for purchases. Check out all your options. Study your competitors. Learn from them.

- Under top navbar in the Products section the link for "Customize" is broken. You just need to adjust the link b/c it works off the mainpage products navbar.

- Your contact us section, create an email form as there are still lots of people who use web based emails.

- Your aticles section has me confused! When I click on the article title "so you want to buy a computer" it takes me to one page, but when I click on the link near the end of the intro paragraph on the articles page, it takes me to the same article but a totally different layout? You have both linking to different pages with same content. BE CONSISTENT.

- Contact page is a different layout as well!!

- Links section, align your td content to "top". I also think that page could be improved. Too much scrolling right now.

- Your feedback page is great. That's the kind of form you should set up for the contact us sections.

- About us section, maybe you could have the president's signature on that page at the bottom? It may or may not help. My boyfriend owns an ecomm website and that's what we did in the About Us section. He claims it can help the buyers feel more at ease knowing that the president is writing to them. Or something like that lol.

- FAQ section, make your TOC smaller, bulleted linked to the questions below.

- State on your frontpage that you only accept PayPal orders. Noone likes to spend a certain amount of time shopping and then getting click to checkout and find out the company doesn't support any of the buyer's options to purchase. They will just get aggrevated and you will lose a sale. But like I mentioned above, offer more purchasing options!

Good luck with the site :) btw nice powerful systems you've got on there!!

- :shock:
  • cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the thorough review 613flavah. We have the products menu only on the products pages. We wanted to have it on the main page so people can see it right away , since products are the main thing in our site. You think we should take it out entirely since it is kind of redundant? Alt tags :oops: I have them almost everywhere I think. I can't believe I forgot to put one on the logo. I think it has gotten dropped as I have changed the graphic many times over the last few days. Good point about the email form, will add this today. You are so right about PayPal. I can't wait to ditch them. The signature idea is good thanks. I have links at few places that take you to our old website, I really have to go through every link and check for these, thats why you were taken to a site with different layout. Thanks again for the great review. It was Very helpful.

Jukka
  • cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anymore comments?
  • o[tter]
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Seattle, WA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, looking pretty great now. A couple things I noticed:

In the FAQ, under "How do you test my computer?" there's a sentence: The processor is operating at its maximum capacityany for 6 hours.

In the customizer tool, I noticed that it was very difficult to make some selections because of a lack of details. For instance, the "Help me choose" for cases, says that things to consider are size, noise, cooling, upgradeability, and power supply, but the only information given on each case is power supply. Maybe have another link for each section that takes you to a side by side comparison of all the products. In the case section, the link would bring up a page that lists all the cases and gives you the numbers on power supply, size, noise, cooling, drive bays, usb ports, etc. Motherboards and video cards are two other sections that would definitely benefit from this. I'd also recommend linking each product in the list to a page just listing its details. It will be more information to input into the website each time you add a new product, but I think the benefit will be big.
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good looking site. Looks very professional.

Just one thing - You should make the page center for users with higher resolutions. XP

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers