SITE REVIEW: City of Fife

• Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, my city has hired me to make them a website. I made a layout for them to see. My meeting is on Tuesday. Let me know what you think. Thanks =D

City of Fife

EDIT: I would also like to know how much you would charge for a website like this. Just the design, dont anything else into it. It will have about the same, or many more pages as their current one: http://www.cityoffife.org/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• diths802
  • diths802
  • Loc: philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

i cant understand the language you're using
  • sharanbrar
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Punjab (India)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you need to work on your banner. The background image of mountain is looking too simple.

Important Notices, Navigation, Recently Added and Recent News are less readable. I think the outline used around the text in these graphics is making them less readable.

and i think you need to give a little more left margin to the main content. It is too near to the shadow of the left navigation bar.

Put the main links in the footer also like home, contact us etc.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Sharan's evaluation, especially the aliased headers. They look like images that have been compressed too heavily when saving, or had too much colour information removed from them.

Additionally, I'd suggest changed "Recently Added" to "Recent Additions" to make it more consistent with "Recent News."

The image of the mountain is beautiful, but is there something more "Fife-like" you could add, something that better expresses the city's personality? Perhaps something unique to the city, or some local landmarks?

The actual "City of Fife" bit you've got on top of the mountain is distracting. Your site consists of a lot of straight lines, but the city's name is presented at an angle, and curved. I found the black line marking the curve especially jarring, especially when compared to the serenity invoked by the mountain.

It's a good start, though, keep at it!
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, mount rainier is something that almost every city website in washington has in their website. Its something they take pride in. Fife doesnt really have any landmarks.

i will redesign today and post tonight. Thanks for the feedback =)
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fife already has a website http://www.fife.gov.uk/

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers