SITE REVIEW: CityofFife.org

• Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

We just switched over the DNS for http://www.cityoffife.org so it won't be working yet, however, you can access it here: http://72.22.69.153/~cityoffi/index.php?page=main

Give me your thoughts and opinions, please. Critisism is very welcome, anything that you think would make the website better, please make me aware of.

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Firstly, you should add some meta tags to make it more search engines friendly.

Secondly, howcome the 'City of Fife' is not twinned with the 'Kingdom of Fife - Scotland'? Seems an obvious way to promote both cities?

Thirdly, I use Opera and there are some display compatibility issues at the base of your web page.

Lastly, if this is the official 'City of Fifie' webpage you could, and should do alot better with your web presence.

Sorry to be so critical, please take it as constructive - just trying to help.

Cheers, Prime ...
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
Secondly, howcome the 'City of Fife' is not twinned with the 'Kingdom of Fife - Scotland'?

Perhaps because this Fife is in the state of Washington, in the US. =]

ZeroIQ, didn't you post this site up for review quite a while ago? If memory serves, it looks like you've done quite a bit of work on the site; it's looking a lot more professional!

I still think you could use a little help with your main logo at top right. If that symbol is supposed to be a monument or a landmark of some sort, it looks a bit "disembodied." It looks like it has no environment in which to exist, y'know? It would look better in context, like part of that photograph that you have fading in on the left. Also, the text. Currently, it looks like a randomly chosen font that was used to write the city's name and then saved as an image. I would suggest a proper graphic with a little more aesthetic appeal, or simply css-styled text.

Secondly, you could use a smidge more space around your content. There is no space at all between the edge of your graphics and the content, and this can impede legibility. I would suggest giving it 2 or 3 pixels on either side to let it breathe a bit. This goes for your main content in the centre of the page, as well as the right margin of the content in the "Government" box on the left.

Congrats on your progress, it's coming along nicely. Good luck with the site.

- Gita
  • jeruk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Hermosillo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, and i like the desing of your site, good combination of colors, fine job!
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
Hi,

Firstly, you should add some meta tags to make it more search engines friendly.

I know, the meta tags are a little funky because of the internal search engine and the way I use includes. if you scroll alost all the way down in the source, you will see the meta tags, and title in there. I know its not supposed to be like that, but it works.

Opera was one of the last things on my mind, hardly any of the users that access the city's website use oper according to the stats I looked at before I designed, however, I do have a style sheet in there for opera, I just havent fixed some of the bugs.

Also, in a few weeks there will be a rotating banner with a more professional look to it. The fountain you see on the right side of thea header is a sketch that I found. I didn't have much to work with so thats what they got at the time, they liked it and I never got around to changing it.

Te first time I put this website up for review I believe it was a really crappy design I came up with, I dont remember if it was this design or not.

Thanks a lot for the constructive critism and complements, it's greatly appreciated!

Any more? I would love to hear some!
  • jiahao
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jiahao

Post 3+ Months Ago

This might be a not so construtive comments, but I thought you site is clean and simple. Very nice, I like it.
  • tarun_ce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarun_ce
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hii.
i will also suggest you to provide meta tags and keywords description..
you should also go for asthetics. of ur site. and sitemap.

thanks and regards
  • onemillion
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • onemillion
  • Loc: Baltimore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job, very clean layout and design. I really like how you have your menu displayed on the left it looks kind of like it is floating on top of the page but yet it is not floating.. Excellent work!
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Something weird going on in Netscape 7.2

http://www.paradigmwebdesigns.com/images/fife.gif

I guess it has issues with something in your code, eh?

FireFox 1.5.0.3 displayed it nicely.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers