SITE REVIEW: Cityoffife.org/website.v4/

• Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Link

I am working on a new design for the City of Fife website. I have some concerns about how easy it is to navigate. I would also like to know about the design, but the header isn't finished, and at this time I am more concerned about usability.

If you could, please try to navigate to "City Managers Office" and "2006 Agendas and Minutes" and let me know how easy or difficult it was.

I am open to any feedback you're willing to give me, please fire away.

Thanks

OH! I forgot to add, I am working on getting Firefox and IE7 supported. This time for some reason I worked backwards and got IE6 working first, not sure why...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Goginski
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Goginski
  • Loc: Alabama

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was able to find what you indicated, but took me a sec. The links seemed to blend with the header. Might look at changing the color of the background where the text goes maybe or making the links a little larger. Or use something like #middleSubLinks a { font-variant: small-caps;} attribute for those links or somthing.
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback Goginski. I tried what you suggested but it just didn't look right with the type of font.

I have updated the website some more, a little navigation restructuring. Let me know what you think please. I know someone else out there has an opinion on this.

Could you guys also let me know if the gradient look more blue or purple please? I have dual monitors here and one of them it looks blue, the other it looks purple.

the new link is http://www.CityofFife.org/website.v4/

Thanks!
  • etrader
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you finished your work ?

The page has no content unless some menu

And some server errors
  • fitzpatrickbrett
  • fitzpatrickbrett
  • Loc: Vienna

Post 3+ Months Ago

The graphics on the navigation are nice looking but, please use a different photo. The one on the site (of a cold blue office building) is grim.
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

etrader wrote:
Did you finished your work ?

The page has no content unless some menu

And some server errors

I'm nowhere near completion. The website now is just a shell, the content is yet to be put in. Server errors are there because I'm not working on those pages yet at all.

As far as the header image, it's going to be a changing one. The one is just a filler for now until I get some good ones.

Is the navigation difficult to use?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a total of 1 validation error on your homepage ... That's a real easy one to sort out aswell ... you can click here to see it in action ...

The three buttons in the top right hand corner still don't do anything ... (home | contact | Sitemap) ...

Just above the content there is a line that says: you are here: Home, that home link points to the wrong page still ... it points to "V2" ...

I think it'll also be great if you could add some rollovers to the main-nav.

You could also disable the link, of the page that a user is on at the moment, for example if a user is on the "government" page, the government link could be disabled and in another colour (or rollover state)

On the "city council" page you could have a link (maybe a "target="_blank") to view each of the council members on their own page with a little more info and a larger picture ...

Remember also to take out the "test page" from the "community" sub-menu or to rename it ...

Also the "Go" button goes over the edge of the text box you've got left of it ... And what is that? Is it a search? And it's still inactive ... but I assume you're still getting there ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers