SITE REVIEW: claimacity.com

• Jerm3462
  • Jerm3462

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok guys. this is site #2
Took me over a week to complete. Could you please review it. What you think of idea and design?

claimacity.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• boost
  • boost

Post 3+ Months Ago

my name is also Jeremy :)

Its very black and white, its very plain

I would spice it up abit with some graphics and presentation
  • Jerm3462
  • Jerm3462

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone else have ideas?
  • pixelweb
  • pixelweb
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi..
think ur site is too simple for my liking. But the home page looks organized. just needs some more colors..I suggest you retouch your logo..and use colorful yet professional icons for navigation rather than plain links...

Good luck!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

W3c validator found 100 markup errors. See them here. If you are new to maintaining valid XHTML and CSS, wander over to W3Schools.com and check out some of the excellent introductory tutorials they have.

OK, on to the site. My first impression: everything is text. The layout of the site isn't bad, but it's very uninteresting. As a visitor, I would not feel inclined to stay on your site for very long. I would try adding some things to break up your content a bit so that readers don't feel like it's a chore to read your site.

One thing I'd change is your Forums and Contact links at the top. When people are using your main navigation (in this case, your tabs) to browse your site, they are expecting the tabs to take them to different pages. The Contact Me link should take the visitor to a new page, such as a contact page, where you can then provide an email link and/or other contact information. It can be aggravating to click a link expecting a page, only to have your email client pop up unexpectedly.

Next, your main navigation changes from page to page. This can be a bit confusing since more often than not, the main navigation usually remains consistent throughout a site.

The borders on your tables on the Contributions and Links pages look very plain. Try giving them a little more style with some CSS.

I do like the simplicity of the design and the color scheme works very well. A little bit of graphics will go a long way into making your site top notch.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, on your forums, I advice making people register before they can post. That way, you will actually have some members on your member list rather than random people posting.

The site is plain but clean, spice it up. Make the forum look a bit like your site even though it may be hard VIA the controls you get but if you know CSS and the options they give you, it may be easier for you. If you don't know how to do that, hire somebody for you to do that.
  • Jerm3462
  • Jerm3462

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any suggestions?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers