SITE REVIEW: Club site layout.

• soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey this is a template i created with a nite club in mind. It's a big image now. I just want criticism on the looks so when that passed and i make into html there will be less changes. So take a look at this big fat image for a layout and let me know what u think.

http://www.d2networx.com/club.jpg

please full view.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

It has the look and feel of a club site so you definitely have something concrete here. Things that stick out to me the most are:

// The type treatment within the navigation is a bit hard to read, I would play with that some more to make it more readable.

// As opposed to placing "Gallery Updates" on the right side like that as opposed to the left like the "News" is, I do not think that works, making things more consistent with each other is a better solution in my opinion.

Other than those two recommendations, I think you definitely have something that fits the concept behind the site. Good job.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

The links in the menu are very hard to read.

The site kinda looks like a video game site to me.

I would change the BG image.

Not too bad!
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats pretty impressive. I like the colour scheme and the...erm, images :D

However, i do agree with Truce that the background should be changed. When i say background, i mean the pink/purple crossing line background and not that black one.

But i like the general layout of the site, Let us know when you have a HTML version of this.
  • J-G
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout of your site, it's really impressive.

But the news section could be better if you compare it with the rest of the site ...

But nice work 8)
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok the bg could indeed pass as a game but on the other hand when u go in a club how do you feel? What kinda girls do you look for? When u dance, how do u feel?

I'd expect the answer to be hott, right? So hence the reason for a fiery background. However, one person said pink/purple lines....if it looks like that then i failed to acheive what i wanted. I do hope the person who said that has imagination cuz i'd blame that if he doesn't. So now u know the reason for the bg.

The other suggestions i'll take into consideration.
Thanks guys.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

soulseek3r wrote:
ok the bg could indeed pass as a game but on the other hand when u go in a club how do you feel? What kinda girls do you look for? When u dance, how do u feel?

I'd expect the answer to be hott, right? So hence the reason for a fiery background. However, one person said pink/purple lines....if it looks like that then i failed to acheive what i wanted. I do hope the person who said that has imagination cuz i'd blame that if he doesn't. So now u know the reason for the bg.

The other suggestions i'll take into consideration.
Thanks guys.

I am guilty, i mentioned the background.

I have imagination, but to be honest i couldnt see what you intended i saw. I just think it destroys what could be a really good website. Then again, thats just my personal opinion, i just thought i would bring it to your attention.

I notice you seem to be making this site for males only, it would appear this way because you seem to have hot women on the main page and you clearly said yourself "What kinda girls do you look for? When u dance, how do u feel?" this to me suggests you are targeting a male audience for a night club that wouldnt really work the way you want without any females.

Again, just thought i would bring to the attention that you are really not going to go anywhere if its male pro and you are not really thinking about the ladys in any other way than a sex symbol to sell your site.
  • tobiesidders
  • Born
  • Born
  • tobiesidders
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very Nice...

I think you have done a great job with this webiste...

It has a great nightclub feel to it once the page finally loads...

Very Nice!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, now this makes some sense. I had another look at the site and when its loading up it loads to what i would assume is the original size and the background looks really good. My Screen resolution is 1024x768 pixels and what i think has happened is you have created this template to work on a larger pixel range which wont show the way you want it to on my screen. So to me it just looks like square boxes which is created by purple and pink lines which dosnt look that great.

What happens on my internet is it reduces the size of the image to fit on my screen rather than me having to click on the arrows at the bottom and right hand side to see the rest of the image.

I dont know if any of that made much sense, i was just trying to be helpful.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey. your right about the bg. its hot. yeah.
how about changing the top graphic? it is too james bond looking. :-)

more booties in there!!
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

well SB thanks alot for your input. It's not just appealing to guys it's just that i'm a guy and i'm being a little bias but i'm sure it it was to be used i'd make it appealing to ladies. Thanks for also telling me about the resolution. I'll keep it in mind.
I hope u get my context of the site.
Thanks all those who like it. It's a temp added to my collection.
  • Majd-GFX
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Majd-GFX
  • Loc: MI, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the style of the site, the fire looks pretty realistic and the color choice is pretty good, however, the menu is kind of hard to read. Overall, pretty good job :)
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i real club looking website, i like the header at the top too (Y)
  • morphine
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • morphine
  • Loc: Pennslyvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice!
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys. any more comments?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I hope u get my context of the site.
Thanks all those who like it.

I really hope you didnt get the wrong idea. I love the site, i think it is well designed. When your looking for advice or some sort of review you have to take some criticism. The whole biased thing wasnt a major issue as most sites tend to do this. If i was to be honest with you, i would prefer you just had women on it and now guys, but i just thought some females will think that its not really aimed at them and then they will log off within a minute or so.

i noticed you have sorted the resolution, either that or my computer appears to accept the link more.

Looks much better than it did that last time.
  • derrick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • derrick
  • Loc: The other side of the cross fader

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you going to make a flash version of this template? The club theme is definately there though.....
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

My problem is with the background image. Make it blank so that it won't "harm" the layout. It deffinitelly looks like a night club. Great job
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

a flash layout...you have no idea how much i wanna do that but my skill in that is pretty much...well i don't have the skill just the ideas.

The bg is in testing...i normally experiment with diff bg to see how it goes with the layout.
  • eggs-in-wisconsin
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

As someone who likes a good club, this is a cool look.
Very Hot.
I like the menu, and it shows well on my screen.
If there are still problems with others viewing the menu,
I think if you just brighten up the "glow" around the text, it will be great.
Plenty of places for content on that first page.
Will be great for news about the club, specials, events, etc.
  • bradfordh
  • Born
  • Born
  • bradfordh

Post 3+ Months Ago

club sites.

personally i think the color schema has been done before and the left menu could be more defined against the bg.

i prefer club sites that flow to your interest instead of cramming them all on the homepage.

http://www.icelasvegas.com is one of my favorites. it doesn't feel like quite an assault on my senses.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

very cool site bradfordh :-)
its very tastefully done and has an appeal on my senses, as you have said..
  • CraigL
  • Born
  • Born
  • CraigL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks Cool !
  • trickedrides.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • trickedrides.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice header, i like the firey look
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys. I'm gonna complete this layout as soon as i've got time.
  • TaylorAtCTS
  • TaylorAtCTS
  • Loc: Memphis TN, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah man, it looks very good. Nothin really to change IMO

Great job!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 26 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers